As a member of the People & Culture team, The Generalist, will report to the Sr. Dir, People & Culture to help build an organization and a culture that will enable Havenly’s continued growth, success, and scale. As a generalist you will help to proactively drive initiatives and provide HR support across the business in areas including: talent acquisition, HR operations (HRIS, payroll, benefits), performance management, leadership development, and employee relations. You will constantly challenge the status quo, look for new and innovative ways to be better, do more, uphold the Havenly cultural values, and foster a high performing and engaged team.
What You’ll Do:
- Create the systems and processes to ensure that every prospective candidate that engages with Havenly has a positive experience, regardless of the outcome.
- Make the critical new hire experience engaging and thoughtful, ensure that each new team member to join Havenly is set up for success in their role and the company.
- Reach and/or exceed designer capacity goals by implementing and managing effective vetting and hiring processes
- Manage payroll, and benefits, including health, dental, vision, STD, LTD and eventually 401K.
- Assist with both on-boarding and off-boarding of new team members.
- Support talent acquisition initiatives and process, from defining job descriptions, kick-off meetings, sourcing, interviewing and offer negotiation.
- Maintain data integrity and process efficiency throughout the full HR tech stack (BambooHR, Greenhouse, 15five, Thrivepass, Benefits platforms, ect.)
- Work closely with Sr. Dir, People & Culture on company-wide initiatives such as talent acquisition and employer branding programs, performance management, Learning & Development.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal labor laws and posting requirements.
- Constantly be thinking about and assist with any project that will create an inclusive, fun, and high performing work environment for all prospective and existing team members.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred along with 3+ years of People Ops/HR Administrative or Generalist Experience, preferably with at a high growth tech company.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive employee information with strict adherence to confidentiality protocols
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills with all levels of the organization.
- A team player mentality. You genuinely enjoy approaching Your work with an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit while having fun at the same time
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and resourcefulness
You Will be Successful If:
- You are a driven, self-starter that’s employee focused and empathetic.
- You are a team player who can shift from being strategic to executional and you enjoy wearing many different hats.
- You are innately curious and constantly wondering what could be better, done differently, or improved.
- You are passionate about building high performing, diverse, and inclusive communities.
- You don’t take yourself too seriously, like to laugh a lot and strive to bring brevity into every interaction.
- You’ve seen the impact both good and bad culture can have on an organization, and are ruthless about the creating the former.
If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
Please apply online. In your cover letter, tell us why you’re excited about Havenly, what’s important to you in your next role, and why you’re a great fit for this opportunity.