At Havenly, we believe that everyone deserves a beautiful home they love. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Denver, we make decorating and shopping for your home fun, convenient and affordable.
Havenly Designers create the magic that is Havenly. As the Staff Design Program Manager, you will oversee a team of remote staff designers. Working with a remote team you are responsible for the recruiting, hiring, training, development and retention of your Designers. You will inspire the team to celebrate and coach designers to meet performance goals, support the larger design community and foster an amazing community and culture.
We are looking for a true people leader who will spend the majority of their time coaching and developing others, managing and evaluating team performance, and driving results. This position is responsible for driving the business metrics of your region while building a culture focused on relentlessly delighting clients. In addition, the Staff Design Manager will oversee the rollout of new programs and initiatives across the region to support the Staff Design team.
The Staff Design Manager is a full-time salaried position, working out of our Denver headquarters and reporting to our Director of Design Operations. Regular travel to your staff design teams is expected.
What you’ll do:
- Manage, develop and inspire your regional team of Staff Designers. Directly manage your team to ensure the team is staffed to hit business goals.
- Own managing, leading, inspiring and developing all talent within your region.
- Lead the recruiting, hiring, training and development of new Designers, and Design Team Captains in the region.
- Oversee all people decisions including but not limited to hiring, promotions and on-boarding, and off-boarding.
- Evaluate, validate and address team performance, engagement and leadership capabilities.
- Partner to create, innovate, develop and lead training content for leadership roles and meetings.
- Build community, best practice sharing and collaboration within your team and the larger design community by creating an engaging and rewarding employee experience.
- Manage overall team performance delivering across all client experience, productivity and cost metrics.
- Be accountable for Key Performance Metrics and manage team operational functions such as approving hours, time-off requests, and late deliverable management.
- Engage and inspire Designer recognition strategies throughout your region, inspiring others by sharing and celebrating individuals and team success.
- Analyze regional feedback through all channels, share as necessary and develop innovative solutions that impact the broader Design community.
- Partner with cross-functional teams within the organization to create and implement policies put on regional events and share responsibility around regional office space and budget.
What you’ll bring:
- You have a proven history of building strong teams, driving results through your teams, and developing future leaders.
- You have a Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of experience working directly with customers in a retail or customer service focused role.
- 5+ years of people leadership experience managing large groups of people and having a record of success with inspiring a strategic and engaging vision to your teams (ideally in a customer-focused setting). Experience with managing a remote team and managing people leaders a plus.
- You have the ability to independently make sound business decisions.
- You are self-aware of your personal leadership and your impact on others.
- You are relentlessly focused on the client experience, clients and people are the focus of everything you do and this is reflected in the teams you build.
- You understand and appreciate that you will need to work in different locations depending on business needs, including evenings and weekends
- You are excited to travel within your region several times a month and as needed for interviews, trainings, and roadshows.
- You are self-motivated, detail-oriented, disciplined and organized and have a growth mindset.
- You are as exceptionally organized and you pride yourself that no one ever has to follow up with you twice.
- Your verbal and written communication skills are unparalleled.
- You are tech-savvy and comfortable in navigating new software, in particular, you have experience using Google products and various social media apps and websites.
Why you’ll love working at Havenly:
It’s challenging- You get the opportunity to work hard, learn a ton, and grow your skillset. This is not a 9-5 job, we have high expectations, and every day you’ll be faced with new challenges where you have to figure out how to put one foot in front of the other and move forward.
It’s fulfilling - We get the opportunity to affect one of the most personal aspects of someone's life, their home, every single day. We feel really lucky to be able to create spaces where people feel comfortable, make lifetime memories in, and call home.
It’s fun - We truly love what we do. Growing a business is fun. Working with a team of incredibly talented people who also love what they do is fun. Getting to do what you love to do and make an impact is fun.
If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
Please apply online. In your cover letter, tell us why you’re excited about Havenly, what’s important to you in your next role, and why you’re a great fit for this opportunity.