At Havenly, we believe everyone deserves a beautiful home that they love. Through our proprietary technology and our team of talented designers, we make designing and shopping for your home, fun, easy, and accessible for all.
We’re looking for a skilled software engineer to join our core team that is responsible for core user experiences throughout the progression of the Havenly design process. This encompasses everything from filling out initial details about their project, to real-time messaging with their designer, all the way to the checkout and ordering. As a part of this team, you will help us not only build, but scale the systems and services that enable people to feel connected and understood by the designer they are paired with, and ultimately, drive a great Havenly experience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build systems, services, and tools that enable the next generation of online communication between users and interior designers
- Work closely with product to develop experiences that excite users to tell their friends and encourage others to use Havenly
- Help migrate legacy systems (PHP) over to the new Havenly Platform (NodeJS, GraphQL, TypeScript)
- Leverage machine learning, and natural language processing to aid users in communicating their vision in an online platform
- Be part of an engineering organization that exists to efficiently deliver high-quality code to production that powers the business
- Experience building large-scale, distributed systems.
- 3+ years experience building and maintaining a modern frontend framework (ie React, Angular)
- Experience working with backend APIs (REST, NodeJS, Express, GraphQL, etc)
- Experience with messaging platforms (Twilio) a plus
- Familiarity with Docker and Linux based command-line utilities
It’s challenging- You get the opportunity to work hard, learn a ton, and grow your skillset. This is not a 9-5 job, we have high expectations, and every day you’ll be faced with new challenges where you have to figure out how to put one foot in front of the other and move forward.
It’s fulfilling - We get the opportunity to affect one of the most personal aspects of someone's life, their home, every single day. We feel really lucky to be able to create spaces where people feel comfortable, make lifetime memories in, and call home.
It’s fun - We truly love what we do. Growing a business is fun. Working with a team of incredibly talented people who also love what they do is fun. Getting to do what you love to do and make an impact is fun.