At Havenly, we believe everyone deserves a beautiful home that they love. Through our proprietary technology and our team of talented designers, we make designing and shopping for your home, fun, easy, and accessible for all.
In this role, you’ll work closely with our Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Engineers to optimize the core user, designer, and e-commerce experience - all using massive amounts of data (320+ million data points arriving daily from dozens of vendors). Data is the heartbeat of what we do and continues to factor into the direction we move at Havenly. In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. You’ll get the opportunity to solve some of our most challenging business problems that will unlock huge areas of opportunity for the business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop a highly scalable, reliable, and real-time data processing pipeline.
- Partner with the Data Science team to provide data infrastructure for a variety of projects including ETLs to the data warehouse powering the BI of Havenly.
- Design, build and launch new ETL processes into production.
- Work with data infrastructure to triage issues and drive to resolution.
- Work with our entire team to help provide a consistent, fast, and delightful experience to our customers and designers.
- Be part of an engineering organization that exists to efficiently deliver high-quality code to production that powers the business
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years in a Data Engineering role.
- 5+ years experience with Python development.
- Experience with modern data platforms (Spark, Hadoop/Map Reduce, Hive, Airflow, Kafka/Kinesis)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Experience working cross-functionally to communicate data plans that address business challenges.
- Ability to develop and scale ETL pipelines.
- Expertise with SQL, database management, and best practices.
- The desire to always leave code better than you found it.
It’s challenging- You get the opportunity to work hard, learn a ton, and grow your skillset. This is not a 9-5 job, we have high expectations, and every day you’ll be faced with new challenges where you have to figure out how to put one foot in front of the other and move forward.
It’s fulfilling - We get the opportunity to affect one of the most personal aspects of someone's life, their home, every single day. We feel really lucky to be able to create spaces where people feel comfortable, make lifetime memories in, and call home.
It’s fun - We truly love what we do. Growing a business is fun. Working with a team of incredibly talented people who also love what they do is fun. Getting to do what you love to do and make an impact is fun.