At Havenly, we believe that everyone deserves a beautiful home they love. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Denver, we make decorating and shopping for your home fun, convenient and affordable.
As a Product Designer (ui/ux) at Havenly, you'll be responsible for designing gorgeous, usable and delightful user interactions, experiences, and interfaces. Working closely with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders, you'll own the full strategy and execution of the user interface from user research, to building prototypes, and all steps in between. You'll work to continually elevate the Havenly product by designing for user delight, and obsessing over the details that make a product move from good, to great, to exceptional. If you are an extremely talented, visual-and-impact-oriented, user-centric designer, this could be your dream job.
What you’ll do:
- Champion a set of user experience and product design principles that ultimately drive decisions about the Havenly product experience
- Ensure those principles consistently carry across platforms (desktop web; mobile web; and mobile app) and user types (design client; interior designer; eCommerce)
- Design beautiful - and usable - product features
- Demonstrate high-quality design practices - this includes participation in all aspects of UX: research, ideation, strategy, interaction design, information architecture, and visual execution
- Work cross-functionally across design, product, engineering, growth, and executives
- Brainstorm and ideate around new concepts and features
- Rapidly prototype and iterate on new features or experiences - love running design sprints? Awesome!
- Exhibit empathy, enthusiasm, and motivation in every interaction
- Make it beautiful, simple, and delightful, always
What you’ll bring:
- 2+ years of related experience designing branding and product at tech companies or digital product design agencies.
- A portfolio of beautiful product design work that will make us swoon! Through this work, we want to see your ability to move fluidly between user experience design, interface design, and visual design.
- The ability to make design decisions with data and user testings as vital tools.
- Not only an understanding of the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions but enough chops to also communicate your ideas to our engineers.
- Experience creating UI specs & wireframes and the flexibility and willingness to move from idea to whiteboard to execution quickly.
- Expert understanding of web and iOS platforms
- A strong visual aesthetic and experience designing within brand guidelines both individually and collaboratively with a team.
- Passion for creating simple - and beautiful - products that people use every day
- Strong portfolio with well-articulated examples of visual and interaction design
What would set you apart:
- Passion for Havenly’s brand and products
- Experience designing for e-commerce in a web environment
- Experience prototyping
- Foundational visual design instincts
- Ability to communicate confidently and articulately
- Experience working in a high-growth consumer technology company
- A true maker’s mindset and work ethic
Why you’ll love working at Havenly:
It’s challenging- You get the opportunity to work hard, learn a ton, and grow your skillset. This is not a 9-5 job, we have high expectations, and every day you’ll be faced with new challenges where you have to figure out how to put one foot in front of the other and move forward.
It’s fulfilling - We get the opportunity to affect one of the most personal aspects of someone's life, their home, every single day. We feel really lucky to be able to create spaces where people feel comfortable, make lifetime memories in, and call home.
It’s fun - We truly love what we do. Growing a business is fun. Working with a team of incredibly talented people who also love what they do is fun. Getting to do what you love to do and make an impact is fun.
If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
Please apply online. In your cover letter, tell us why you’re excited about Havenly, and why you’re a great fit for this opportunity while highlighting your portfolio.