At Havenly, we believe that everyone deserves a beautiful home they love. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Denver, we make decorating and shopping for your home fun, convenient and affordable.
As an Analytics Manager, you will lead a team of analysts that own, build, maintain, and improve the analytics systems that empower our company to make data-informed decisions. You and your team will be consulting cross-functional teams on how to best structure their problems to find answers in data from business operations and customer behavior. You will employ empirical approaches to understand complex relationships in order to draw conclusions on your hypotheses. We are always looking to improve our processes and systems in order to maintain a cutting edge analytics discipline; the person in this role will share responsibility for being aware of new technologies and providing recommendations.
You're excited about this role because:
- You are a self-starter who can prioritize, manage & juggle multiple projects at one time
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and excel in working with others
- You Believe nothing is impossible, you can break down problems and find reasonable solutions
- You are a results-oriented, you find pleasure in providing great results
- You are a life-long learner, you are always learning new things and love to teach others
What you’ll do:
Leadership and Collaboration:
- Manage a team of analysts that collaborate with Growth, Product, Operations, Engineering, and Leadership teams
- Manage and improve the measures and dimensions we use to monitor our business by, consulting with cross-functional teams to continually improve our efforts
- Lead cross-functional teams when designing new data schemas and data collection methods
- Be a data evangelist that empowers internal data customers to answer their own questions.
Business Intelligence Engineering:
- Own the analytics data infrastructure, making decisions on improvements as we grow
- Follow and improve our processes for maintaining high-quality data and business intelligence systems
- Transform raw data into a defined data model by writing SQL data transformations in our dbt repository
- Model our data for business users using Looker.
- Manage documentation of our data definitions
- Consult on experimental design, hypothesis creation, and success metric definition; apply the scientific method to answer important questions.
- Dig into complex hypotheses by guiding the appropriate use of advanced statistical techniques.
What you’ll bring:
- A tenacious desire to impact the success of the business
- An aptitude for managing people
- Ability to teach SQL, Python, and analysis techniques
- Passion for data-driven decisions and an ability to work with large amounts of data
- A desire to learn and grow quickly in an ever-changing field
- Expert level skills in SQL
- A background in data analysis, experience with Python or R is strongly preferred
- Comfortable at the command line
- A solid understanding of the experimental design and how to use observational data to make causal claims.
- Knowledge of fundamental probability concepts and statistical methods including machine learning and A|B testing methods
- Experience using empirical analysis techniques to infer causal influences
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in statistics, economics, mathematics, computer science, or business analytics a plus
Why you’ll love working at Havenly:
It’s challenging- You get the opportunity to work hard, learn a ton, and grow your skillset. This is not a 9-5 job, we have high expectations, and every day you’ll be faced with new challenges where you have to figure out how to put one foot in front of the other and move forward.
It’s fulfilling - We get the opportunity to affect one of the most personal aspects of someone's life, their home, every single day. We feel really lucky to be able to create spaces where people feel comfortable, make lifetime memories in, and call home.
It’s fun - We truly love what we do. Growing a business is fun. Working with a team of incredibly talented people who also love what they do is fun. Getting to do what you love to do and make an impact is fun.
If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
Please apply online by filling out the application below.