At Havenly, we believe that everyone deserves a beautiful home they love. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Denver, we make decorating and shopping for your home fun, convenient and affordable.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the Data Science team to help transform Havenly’s approach to design services and e-commerce through data science. The Data Scientist is a hacker at heart and a swiss army knife when it comes to data.
Our ideal candidate has experience using machine learning to create novel solutions to business problems. While the role’s primary focus is R&D, this person will also contribute to data engineering efforts, conduct exploratory data analysis to find insights and drive strategy, and develop predictive models that directly impact customer experiences and designer workflows
This is the perfect role for you if:
- You have a tenacious desire to impact the success of a growing business.
- You have a disposition for leading.
- You are comfortable in the command line and with a shell environment.
- You want to put everything in a docker (almost everything).
- You could be a Bayesian or a frequentist, as long as you have a reason.
- You are a self-starter who can prioritize, manage & juggle multiple projects at one time- Nothing is impossible, you find a way to get things done.
- You are a lifelong learner, you are always learning new things and love to teach others.
- You have a passion for data-driven decisions and an aptitude for working with large amounts of data.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Be a key asset for the business to help us leverage our data to build data-driven products to improve our customer and designer experiences.
- Own the research and development of data science products, implementing machine learning models to recommend products to customers and designers, predict the quality of site/app visitors, develop metrics that assess/predict designer quality, develop alerts to customer operations, amongst many other things.
- Be a leader to improve our R&D process. This role has leadership and management potential.
- Find creative solutions using data and cutting edge techniques. You will be responsible for being the thought leader on the best techniques to use and stay on top of the most recent updates to the industry.
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams on designing and implementing machine learning models that address key business/product needs.
Qualifications you'll bring:
- PhD or Masters degree in statistics, computer science, economics, mathematics, physics, or a related field, or 5+ years of highly related work experience
- You know your way around AWS and have dabbled with AWS CLI tools
- Expert level SQL
- A Python hacker, you’ve implemented sklearn and TensorFlow models, manipulated and analyzed data with Pandas
- Expert knowledge of statistical methods and machine learning algorithms
- Expert with classification, linear regression, clustering techniques
- Experience with natural language processing and feature extraction from text and images
- Experience implementing predictive models into production environments
- A solid understanding of experimental design and using observational data to make causal claims, along with knowledge of related statistical methods.
At Havenly we hire people who exhibit gumption, act like owners, outperform, and are always playful.If this sounds like a great fit for you, and a challenge you're ready to run with, we want to hear from you. Apply below by sending resumes and cover letter.