Havenly is seeking a QA Automation Engineer to add to our Technology & Product team. Reporting to the CTO, you will work closely with the stakeholders both on the Engineering and Product teams to help set the plan and strategy for testing new features, prioritizing automation tasks and develop the automation for it. Together with an agile team, you will develop and translate business goals into high quality, reliable and scalable technology. Our ideal candidate will have experience designing test plans, identifying, testing and filing bugs, and writing and creating automated tests. More importantly you need to have experience with validation and be able to understand the bigger picture in terms of how other features can be affected or impacted by a fix. This job will initially be 50% manual testing and 50% automation testing, so you should have experience with both.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop, execute and automate QA tasks
- Perform integration, regression, ad-hoc, and edge-case tests for production release cycles.
- Previous proven experience successfully writing and creating automated tests.
- Conduct validation on bugs – understand how other features are affected or impacted by a bug fix and conduct risk analysis to mitigate these issues.
- Help develop and enhance the continuous integration testing framework.
- Participate in requirements gathering and functional specification activities, ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs end to end implementation on UI, client state, analytic, platform
- Assists in the design of new systems or the redesign of existing systems to meet business requirements, changing needs, or newer technology.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to quickly isolate, record and report issues
- Work closely with cross-functional and remote teams to deliver a complete user experience
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance, and at least 3 years of experience implementing and managing automation tests and frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of MySql database (required) and Unix/Linux (preferred).
- Working knowledge of React, Redux and node.js preferred.
- Strong programming skills desired
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Experience in testing RESTful web services and backend APIs
- Experience with both JSON and XML
- Experience working with a unit testing framework (e.g. testcafe, JUnit, TestNG)
This is a great fit for you if:
- You’re a great communicator and look forward to working with people both on your team and across the company.
- You’re able to prioritize your work, are self-motivated and a self-starter.
- You speak up early and often and work well with others.
- You’re passionate about building great software, and about building a product that creates delight and impacts one of the most personal aspects of a customers life, their home.
- You love to learn and are excited to be in an environment and on challenges that push you to do more and be better.