Havenly is looking for an experienced Full-Stack Software Engineer to work in our Denver HQ. In this role, you’ll be responsible for end to end development of Havenly’s core product and features. You’ll design models, figure out the scaling strategy for a complex, heavily-used product, and implement the UX details that create the most delightful consumer experience. Havenly engineers are trusted to own major parts of both the codebase and our processes. We expect you to get involved as an active participant across the business and work cross-functionally to solve problems and create success.
We’re making the delight of a beautiful home accessible for everyone, and we would love your help in doing so. If you’re interested in tackling big challenges, working hard, and creating success at a top funded consumer startup in Denver, this might be the job for you.
What You’ll Do:
- #1 - Grow our company by working on our Technology & Product Team, committing to excellence, writing high quality code, and taking pride in all that you do
- Design, develop and maintain the core of our PHP and NodeJS backend
- Help us build new features by modeling complex real life problems into elegant data structures
- Develop new systems to efficiently process, exchange and filter large quantities of data
- Develop, enhance, and debut RESTful APIs
- Identify and address performance issues
- Production issues support, including a spot on our illustrious on-call rotation.
- Work with our entire team to help provide a consistent, fast, and delightful experience to our customers and designers.
What You'll Bring
- 2+ years of engineering experience on a fast moving team.
- Mastery of React, GraphQL, and Node.
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- The desire and to always leave code better than you found it
- Experience supporting live production infrastructure, can put out fires under pressure when things go wrong
- An appetite for data: analyzing metrics and designing A/B tests to help drive the company's decisions
Who you are:
- A True Team Player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from or teaching others so we can all become better developers.
- A great communicator - You have excellent communication skills and enjoy working in cross-functional group settings.
- Startup Savvy - You want to work hard and build something great, and have the ability to learn and adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Innately curious - You have a thirst for new knowledge, and are curious to the core. You are excited about digging in, and tackling new things, and are constantly wondering why or how to make things better or different.
What we offer:
- A challenging opportunity, and a great team to work beside
- A data driven environment where your insights and expertise will be valued
- An environment where you can move fast, work hard, see results, and feel your impact
- An opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a successful startup
- Salary, benefits, and design services - Have a room that needs some love? We got you!
At Havenly we hire people who exhibit gumption, act like owners, outperform, and are always playful. If this sounds like a great fit for you, and a challenge you're ready to run with, we want to hear from you.