Haven Life is an insurtech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
We are looking for an individual with an enduring curiosity about data and with an interest in evolving best practices and tools. In collaboration with other team members, you will help shape the vision, planning, and execution of Haven technology and product innovation. You will:
- Partner closely with product managers, engineers, designers, marketing, insurance experts, and other team members to improve customer experience and enhance our business.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing analysis to various business areas within the Haven Life team.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Inform, influence, and support product in making data driven decisions.
- Identify data needs and gaps, and work with developers to devise solutions in data gathering, ingestion, and modeling.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Ad hoc support for key business needs or requests.
- BS/BA Required
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a Data Analyst role
- Expert in using BI tools to analyze and manipulate data, such as Tableau and Qlik
- Expert in using SQL for data extraction and cleaning
- Strong background data cleaning, analysis and visualization using Python or R in a business environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to present and communicate findings in a clear manner to a variety of audiences.
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity and attention to detail.
- Qualified applicants must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- While we’re all working from home these days, you must have the ability to work from our NYC location full time when we return to the office.
We pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you’ll be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.