Haven Life is an insurtech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
We are seeking a passionate, detail-oriented person to join our risk solutions team.
You will help shape the vision, planning, and execution of Haven technology and product innovation. You will be responsible for providing insurance product and implementation expertise to technology and insurance product owners, assisting in the pricing and development of insurance products that focus on the customer experience and collaborating with other experts from our underwriting, reinsurance, legal, and filing teams. You will help analyze current data and processes to explore new innovative approaches to optimize the customer experience. You will collaborate with other actuaries and work directly with business leaders, reinsurers, and technology product owners to manage the profitability of the insurance products and guide the strategic decisions of the organization.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Coordinate with actuaries and data scientists to determine pricing for new products and features, including underwriting programs. You will explore opportunities to leverage data for business decisions and pricing assumption development
- Partner with business and technology product owners to design new products, features, and underwriting solutions that improve the customer experience and meet customer needs
- Adopt an agile framework to schedule work, adjust as needed and continuously improve performance
- Communicate performance with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Work with data analysts to report on performance and interpret results
- Assist with product pricing and implementation including modeling and assumption development, filing contract development, underwriting procedures, and reinsurance treaties
- Support product and illustration implementation on a new and innovative technology platform with product requirements, actuarial calculations, methods, and validation
- BS/BA required
- Minimum 3 years of related experience, including experience with individual insurance products
- Entrepreneurial minded and driven self-starter
- Works collaboratively with others, and effectively communicates complex analysis, solutions, limits, and options to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Working knowledge of individual life insurance, individual disability, or individual long term care products
- Comfortable with analyzing data and working in spreadsheet applications
- Fellow or Associate in the Society of Actuaries
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship now or in the future
- While we’re all working from home these days, you must have the ability to work from our NYC location full time when we return to the office
- Knowledge of life insurance, disability insurance, long term care and critical illness insurance, competitive landscape, the common distribution channels, pricing and reserving methodologies, underwriting, policy filing, and regulatory knowledge
- Experience with pricing and development of a new life products
- Software development or coding experience
- Experience with Excel, Python, and Actuarial Modeling Tools
- Experience in the evaluation of innovative underwriting methodologies
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.