Haven Life Insurance Agency is an insurtech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple. It is composed of 250+ New York City-based engineers, marketers, designers, data geeks, and insurance nerds.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique. Our diverse team is composed of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
We're looking for a curious, creative product manager to boost the product experience closest to the consumer for Haven Life. You'll be improving the online experience of purchasing life insurance at havenlife.com - both in our direct-to-consumer offerings and by building new tools that allow agents to sell our Haven Life branded products. You will be working cross-functionally with legal, compliance, underwriting, and actuaries to fully understand complex insurance products and business processes. The products and features you build here in many cases will be first-in-the-industry experiences, and you’ll play a key role in bringing the life insurance purchase process into the modern era.
In this role, you’ll run your own scrum team of developers and quality assurance engineers and collaborate with product designers and business analysts to execute the product roadmap to meet our business needs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop the product strategy that supports the business’s goals
- Advocate for great user experiences when coordinating product development with business stakeholders to align priorities
- Build or refine features to strengthen and grow our product portfolio while balancing against regulatory restrictions or business constraints
- Lead the product development process from evangelizing the roadmap to creating detailed product requirements and managing prioritization
- Collaborate with engineering leadership, product designers, and a Scrum team of developers to execute the product vision
- Oversee production issues and resolution by coordinating across other product teams and 3rd party vendors
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to understand customer needs and drive decision making
- 5+ years of work experience, with 4+ years as a product manager
- Experience developing and deploying features for a highly considered product or service that increase conversion across the full cycle of product development
- A track record of increasing responsibility in product management
- Highly effective at building collaborative relationships across an entire organization
- Know when and how to craft qualitative and quantitative feature tests
- Clear and concise written communication with proven ability to summarize large, complex, and conflicting data
- Attention to detail with the tenacity to pursue complex problems
- Authorized to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be able to work full-time from our Manhattan office (once we are safe to re-open)
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience working with a B2B2C product where you consider multiple experiences and end-users
- High-growth startup or consulting experience
- Familiar with SQL or other analytics tools
- Prior work experience in fintech, insurtech, healthtech, or any regulated industry
We have a stellar team of coworkers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.