Haven Life is an insurtech innovator, backed and wholly owned by MassMutual that creatively uses technology to advance the life insurance industry and better serve the modern customer.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we love to hear from you.
You will be joining a small, experienced technology team as one of the main developers responsible for our advanced online financial services application. Experience with web development is a plus, although more important to us is real programming experience and thoughtfulness about how and why you do what you do.
Your job will require you to work closely with your fellow technology team members, coordinate with QA resources, and to communicate with business team members in the completion of your work. Working with other developers you might work on items such as: developing components for algorithmic or manual underwriting module, creating workflow tools for routing insurance applications, defining and applying rule sets for third party data feeds, or building customer-facing components for taking new business applications. The job will be varied and challenging.
These are essential to success in this role:
- 5+ years of experience as a developer in a data-centric application environment
- Involvement in development, testing, and deployment of data integration projects
- A solid grounding in data-driven applications and concepts (data/object modeling, database systems, structured and unstructured data, enterprise data frameworks)
- Extensive experience with diverse systems integration paradigms including nightly batch, intra-day incremental data loading, and near-real-time interfaces
- Experience with production support, troubleshooting, and batch/interface optimization
- Implementation of data quality and reconciliation processes across complex systems
- Proficiency with ETL tools such as Talend, Informatica, and/or AbInitio; extensive experience of SQL and query evaluation & optimization
- Master the DB development with PostgreSQL, Oracle, or other RDBMS (stored proc, trigger etc.)
- Hands-on experience on GraphDB (Neo4j) and Cypher or GraphQL query language
- Comfortable expressing and defending points of view while respecting those of others
- Excellent communication skills with a variety of audiences and varying degrees of technical knowledge
- BA/BS degree in CS or equivalent major
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
- Self-starter and self-motivated team player
These skills are not required but are a plus:
- Testing strategy definition and framework creation
- Experiance with Informatica, AbInitio
- Experience and familiarity with financial services or other mathematically oriented applications.
- Working in a startup or agile development environments
- Working experience of AWS Cloud and EKS Kubernetes framework
- Experience in multi-platform websites (desktop, mobile)
- Exposure to modern MVC (Model-view-controller) frameworks
- Experience with, node, meteor, and/or angular frameworks a plus
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.