Haven Life is an insurtech innovator, backed and wholly owned by MassMutual that creatively uses technology to advance the life insurance industry and better serve the modern customer.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
You will be responsible for managing and executing the testing of our advanced insurance applications and platform.
You will need to learn and understand our product at a detailed level and coordinate with developers and the product team to execute the primary QA responsibilities, including:
- Be accountable for highly complex products as the primary automation QA
- Review development stories and help define and document the right test criteria and cases
- Work with product or project managers to establish timing and ensure timely completion of QA deliverables
- Design, execute, and maintain manual tests and test data
- Communicate with developers and product managers on specific issues
- Analyze and debug issues and collaborate with developers to ensure root cause is identified
- Prioritize issues and facilitate issue resolution
- Document test results with all necessary detail
- Develop and maintain QA guidelines and process documentation
- Identify and implement improved or more efficient QA processes
- Work in close collaboration with product, developers, and other QA members to produce high quality products and release on time
- Deploy and troubleshoot local, sandbox, and/or CI/CD environments to enable testing
You will lead and execute QA automation efforts by performing the following responsibilities:
- Design, create and maintain testing framework(s) as needed
- Automate back-end, API, front-end, and other test cases in a complex multi-product, multi-services environment using tools such as Selenium Protractor or by writing code in our inhouse testing framework
- Create tools to run automated tests at pre-set times automatically or at code merge
- Create reporting frameworks and actual reports for automated test results
Note: This role entails a mix of manual and automation work, with manual being the minority (10%-30%).
These skills are essential for success in this position:
- Minimum 5 years’ QA or developer experience on web applications in multi-application production environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or other related or similar field, e.g., Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics) or international equivalent degree or equivalent work experience
- Master's degree in Computer Science (or other related or similar field) + 1 year of relevant experience in lieu of BA/BS + 5 years experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Hands-on experience writing, running, and maintaining automation testing frameworks and/or automated tests
- Experience with testing techniques such as regression testing, ad hoc testing, feature testing, security testing, user interface testing, integration testing, performance testing, and/or user acceptance training
- Qualified applicants must be authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship now or in the future.
These skills are a plus:
- Selenium Protractor Experience
- Ability and willingness to look into code bases outside one’s direct responsibility to identify potential failure points
- Demonstrable experience with the Agile methodology and frequent releases
- Demonstrable experience in multi-platform testing (desktop, tablet, mobile) and multi-browser testing
- Demonstrable experience with quality assurance metrics and reporting
- Hands on experience in automated testing and framework creation
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts and best practices including build and source control automation tools Jenkins and Git
- Demonstrable experience with SQL queries
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.