There is nothing like the feeling of a good night’s sleep. Cozy, wrapped-up-in-a-heavy-blanket sleep. Fire crackling, curtains drawn, DO NOT DISTURB kind of sleep. *Hygge stuff. That’s the kind of sleep we’re talking about. 85% of people agree sleep is a key to their wellbeing, but more than 50% of people are unsatisfied with their own sleep. Whether it’s stress, interruption, work, children, people need help getting great rest!
Hatch is on a mission to help everyone in the family get great sleep. Getting high quality sleep improves focus, energy, and performance no matter what you love to do in your life. We make bedside sleep devices and original content to help people wind down, sleep deeply and rise rested and relaxed. Led by Rest, the #1 baby registry item on Amazon, and Restore, our Award-winning adult focused product, we have helped over 3 million sleepers of all ages find space for rest in their lives.
Our Operations Finance team is growing and we're looking for an experienced financial forecasting and modeling expert to join us in our mission to help people get their best sleep. This role is a mission critical addition to the team charged with accounting, FP&A, business intelligence and ad hoc analytics, and will report to the Manager of Finance. Key objectives of this position include taking responsibility for all our modeling, reporting and analytics supporting long range plan, annual budget, regular forecast processes plus KPI tracking score carding.
This person must be based in the United States or Canada. Hatch is based out of California, so this role would be asked to be available during PST/PDT hours.
What You’ll Do
- Manage, drive, update and evolve three-statement financial modeling, budgeting, forecasting and reporting including physical inventory, working capital and cohorted subscription / LTV models
- Help the CFO deliver on the Finance team mission of providing real decision support via FP&A deliverables with a rhythm
- Build strong relationships and partnerships with business teams; support department heads in day-to-day activities
- Liaise with accounting and operations teams in achieving Finance team deliverables
- Deliver modeling and analytics as part of the long-range planning process including capital planning and allocation
- Develop financial models and ROI analyses for a range of potential strategic and operational investment cases
- Perform ad hoc scenario modeling and what-if analyses
- Help create and deliver deep and highly segmented financial analysis and reporting
- Help prepare monthly and quarterly reporting packages to management, investors and the Board
- Build, evolve and deliver weekly KPI tracking and scorecarding
- Support M&A, capital raise processes including valuation and due diligence
- Help drive automation in planning and monthly reporting
What You’ll Bring
- Advanced Excel technical capabilities, love of spreadsheets and financial modeling, and ability to work with large data sets
- 3+ years of FP&A / Operations Finance / data analysis experience working in tech companies, investment banking, or management consulting
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or quantitative field. MBA a big plus
- Ability to work cross-functionally across the organization and different stakeholders
- Experience working in a recurring revenue stream business focused on LTV and LTV / CAC metrics
- Experience in eCommerce, physical inventory-driven business models a plus
- Experience implementing and improving business processes and systems
- Self -starter, ability to thrive and be highly effective in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Bonus if You Have:
- Experience with NetSuite or other ERP system
- SQL or other database experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
Why You Will Love Working at Hatch!
- We are certified as A Great Place to Work! 97% of our employees have reported that Hatch is a great place to work.
- We have an amazing leadership team that truly values its employees and lives our company values each and every day.
- We delight our customers with something everyone needs: a good night’s sleep!
- Our team is collaborative, fun, and brilliant!
- You have an opportunity to make a large impact in people’s lives
- We are backed by world class investors including True Ventures and have strong revenue growth.
- We let you take care of what you need by offering a flexible/remote work environment
We also take care of you through our comprehensive compensation package and many other perks and benefits including:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and 80% coverage for dependents
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) match with no vesting schedule
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for those important moments in life
- 12 free therapy sessions on Samata Health's platform
- Financial Support for Family Planning
- Remote office allowance
- Monthly Internet reimbursement allowance
- Friends and Family discount on our products
- Discount program from popular brands in travel, entertainment and retail
- Many other spontaneous perks
Designed by experts and loved by parents, our Rest family includes Rest, Rest+, Rest Mini, and Rest (2nd Gen)—all-in-one sleep products designed for babies and kids that can be controlled remotely. Hatch Restore is a fully-customizable product geared toward helping adults sleep well. As an all-in-one sleep assistant, Restore helps people personalize their perfect night of slumber. Launched in 2014 by parent entrepreneurs Ann Crady Weiss and Dave Weiss, and featured on “Shark Tank” in 2016, Hatch is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.