There is nothing like the feeling of a good night’s sleep. Cozy, wrapped-up-in-a-heavy-blanket sleep. Fire crackling, curtains drawn, DO NOT DISTURB kind of sleep. *Hygge stuff. That’s the kind of sleep we’re talking about. 85% of people agree sleep is a key to their wellbeing, but more than 50% of people are unsatisfied with their own sleep. Whether it’s stress, interruption, work, children, people need help getting great rest!
Hatch is on a mission to help everyone in the family get great sleep. Getting high quality sleep improves focus, energy, and performance no matter what you love to do in your life. We make bedside sleep devices and original content to help people wind down, sleep deeply and rise rested and relaxed. Led by Rest, the #1 baby registry item on Amazon, and Restore, our Award-winning adult focused product, we have helped over 3 million sleepers of all ages find space for rest in their lives.
We’re looking for a Customer Support Manager who will play a critical role in ensuring our customers love Hatch! In this role, you’ll report to the Director of Customer Support and help build out the Support organization and scale the team alongside company growth!
To start, your primary focus will be to launch a partnership with an external vendor (BPO) to build out a new, international branch of the Support department. This will involve selecting a BPO vendor and working with them to hire and onboard a new team of Customer Support Reps. You’ll own the ongoing management of this partnership including: leading a Manager who is on the ground at the international location, ensuring this team meets performance expectations, and that they have all the tools and information to be successful. Later, you’ll also manage Customer Support Representatives who are part of the US based team.
We’re looking for an experienced people leader who loves building great partnerships, fostering engaging team culture, and creating a seamless customer journey!
What You’ll Do:
- Launch a new branch of the Customer Support department in the form of a partnership with an international vendor (BPO).
- Build the right structures, communication strategy, documentation, and tooling to ensure a successful BPO partnership.
- Lead a Manager on the ground at the international location and a team of Customer Support Representatives who troubleshoot technical device and app issues to help Hatch customers use their products seamlessly!
- Drive the ongoing success of BPO team as the primary owner of the partnership.
- Drive strong performance (KPI attainment) for your team through consistent coaching, goal setting, and mentorship.
- Lead day-to-day execution including: scheduling, ensuring proper staffing across inboxes, handling escalations, guiding ticket prioritization, and ensuring high quality customer communication.
- Create the operational foundations for the team to scale including developing processes and performance management structures, creating self-serve resources, and implementing best practices.
- Build a high performing Support team by hiring great people, building effective training programs, and supporting continued professional development.
- Advocate for continuous improvement to the Hatch customer experience by providing valuable customer insights and partnering closely with product, engineering and marketing teams.
Who You Are:
- Experienced people manager with a demonstrated track record of building great teams, driving strong performance, and fostering positive team culture.
- You have successfully led a BPO team for Customer Support
- An operational thinker and strategic problem solver who loves finding ways to do things better and faster. You have experience building new processes, creating documentation, improving tooling, and implementing best practices.
- Super customer focused! You are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience, you advocate for the customer experience internally and empower your team to do the same!
- An organized project manager who loves owning a project end-to-end, contributing to company wide initiatives, and building great cross-functional relationships.
- You’re adaptable to change, you know how to roll with the punches, you love innovating, and you’re great at implementing changes across a large team.
- You’re a self-starter who is focused and productive in a remote work set up.
- You have a four year college degree and 2 - 4 years of Customer Support management or equivalent experience.
Bonus if You Have:
- Data Analytics Experience: building dashboards and analyzing data to draw out important insights
- Enablement Experience: creating and maintaining an internal knowledge base
- Learning and Development Experience: creating and leading training and development programs
- Experience at a high growth technology company
Why You Will Love Working at Hatch!
- We are certified as A Great Place to Work! 97% of our employees have reported that Hatch is a great place to work.
- We have an amazing leadership team that truly values its employees and lives our company values each and every day.
- We delight our customers with something everyone needs: a good night’s sleep!
- Our team is collaborative, fun, and brilliant!
- You have an opportunity to make a large impact in people’s lives
- We are backed by world class investors including True Ventures and have strong revenue growth.
- We let you take care of what you need by offering a flexible/remote work environment
We also take care of you through our comprehensive compensation package and many other perks and benefits including:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and 80% coverage for dependents
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) match with no vesting schedule
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for those important moments in life
- 12 free therapy sessions on Samata Health's platform
- Financial Support for Family Planning
- Remote office allowance
- Monthly Internet reimbursement allowance
- Friends and Family discount on our products
- Discount program from popular brands in travel, entertainment and retail
- Many other spontaneous perks
Designed by experts and loved by parents, our Rest family includes Rest, Rest+, Rest Mini, and Rest (2nd Gen)—all-in-one sleep products designed for babies and kids that can be controlled remotely. Hatch Restore is a fully-customizable product geared toward helping adults sleep well. As an all-in-one sleep assistant, Restore helps people personalize their perfect night of slumber. Launched in 2014 by parent entrepreneurs Ann Crady Weiss and Dave Weiss, and featured on “Shark Tank” in 2016, Hatch is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.