There is nothing like the feeling of a good night’s sleep. Cozy, wrapped-up-in-a-heavy-blanket sleep. Fire crackling, curtains drawn, DO NOT DISTURB kind of sleep. *Hygge stuff. That’s the kind of sleep we’re talking about. 85% of people agree sleep is a key to their wellbeing, but more than 50% of people are unsatisfied with their own sleep. Whether it’s stress, interruption, work, children, people need help getting great rest!
Hatch is on a mission to help everyone in the family get great sleep. Getting high quality sleep improves focus, energy, and performance no matter what you love to do in your life. We make bedside sleep devices and original content to help people wind down, sleep deeply and rise rested and relaxed. Led by Rest, the #1 baby registry item on Amazon, and Restore, our Award-winning adult focused product, we have helped over 3 million sleepers of all ages find space for rest in their lives.
Hatch is looking for a Director of Social Media and Community to join our growing mar-comms organization. As the wellness category expands beyond diet and fitness, sleep has never been more in the zeitgeist. It’s impossible to scroll your feed without seeing someone post about their struggles with sleep, or the hack they’ve found, or a new study being published. The right candidate will understand how to position Hatch to appear in conversation about sleep wellness and build awareness for our brand and products.
Until now, Hatch has been mostly a Direct Response marketer, with support from parents who can’t stop talking about our kids products, including some really famous faces. As we work to harvest and cement the existing love for our brand, expand further into the grown-up sleep category, and establish our reputation in original content, social media will be a fundamental channel for our future success.
We want Hatch to be an earned media machine, driven by savvy PR, smart, fast social media, and undeniable creativity. We believe that if marketing doesn't drive conversation, it isn't working. Companies can no longer afford to treat social media like a junior function, instead it needs to be a philosophy that extends through all of business decision making, guided by an expert who understands why consumers share. If we want to generate positive word of mouth, our content, product, and campaigns need to be engineered that way from the get go.
We are also in the midst of a great reshuffling of the social media landscape, as we shift from web2 to web3, from achieving scale through public broadcasting to achieving scale through content creators and in private networks, and we're looking for a curious and forward-thinking person to help us navigate the future. The right candidate understands that video is the language of the internet and can structure a model to produce content quickly. Our new hire will also craft a strategy that serves a multifaceted sleep audience that spans from millennial parents looking to get their kids to bed to Gen-Z adults trying to find their unique sleep and rest routines.
It's rare to be able to both build and lead a category at the same time. Come join us as we continue to grow in a market worth over $30B in the US alone.
What You’ll Do
Within 3 Months:
- You’ll examine our current strategy, including our publishing, content, cadence, previous campaigns, tactics, wins and misses. You’ll immerse yourself in the Hatch business and core initiatives and form a theory about what social media at Hatch could look like and capture it in a strategic plan. You'll listen to what our consumers are telling us online. You’ll build foundational relationships with your cross-functional partners and peers.
Within 6 Months:
- You’ll begin to put your strategic plan into action. You’ll test and learn into your content and publishing strategy, staff key positions, build campaigns, select partners, and begin to grow our audience. You'll also narrow in on the right voice, content buckets, channel mix, and influencer approach. You'll become a key source of customer feedback to inform products, content and marketing. You'll work closely with our marketing ops organization to develop a flexible and fast A/V production model. You will also recommend an approach for building a dedicated beta community of parent and adult Hatch consumers. You'll use our brand cache to build relationships with our top influencers, journalists and celebs online. You'll collaborate with comms, growth and marketing to generate effective, talkable creative campaign work. Finally, you'll identify new channels for Hatch to explore.
After 1 Year:
- You'll create a community in which our news and activity is received with love and passed along with enthusiasm. You will have taught the business the value of the social media function, earned even more trust and resources, and you’ll be able to elevate Hatch social media to be on par with the top brands of our size in any industry. You'll have a handful of viral moments to add to your portfolio. You’ll be a trusted voice in the room and have the space and resources to be as creative as you want to be. You'll have hit your stride as one of the industry’s best and brightest social media and community leaders.
What You’ll Bring
- You’re a 5-star leader and manager. You know how to find and attract talent and motivate employees and freelancers to do their best work.
- You understand business, you know how to operate at an executive level, and you can absorb a lot of ambiguous information to make smart decisions quickly.
- You're risk-tolerant and learn by experimenting. You're not precious and move quickly.
- You know when to produce cheaply and when something merits higher production values.
- You value looking at performance data to help inform your creative work.
- You are a student of the discipline and observe and learn from other brands and accounts. You have a strong network of external freelance partners.
- You’re a culture vulture, you read and watch everything, and you know what people are talking about.
- You know how to spot a story and conjure a great headline. You are communications savvy and know how to say the right thing in the right moment.
- You’re creative and eager to partner with social media and creative marketing functions to make campaigns even bigger.
- You’ve got grit and hunger.
- You’ve worked in editorial, publishing and/or branded social media industry for at least 10 years with relevant brands and demonstrable viral moments under your belt.
Why You Will Love Working at Hatch!
- We are certified as A Great Place to Work! 97% of our employees have reported that Hatch is a great place to work.
- We have an amazing leadership team led by a second time, female founder, who truly values our employees and lives the company values each and every day.
- You have an opportunity to make a large impact in people’s lives with something everyone craves: a good night’s sleep!
- Our team is high empathy, high performance - you’ll do career-defining work with great humans around you and supporting you.
- We are backed by world class investors including True Ventures and have excellent revenue growth.
- We let you take care of the things that matter in your life outside of work by offering a flexible/remote work environment.
We also take care of you through our comprehensive compensation package and many other perks and benefits including:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and 80% coverage for dependents
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) match with no vesting schedule
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for those important moments in life
- 12 free therapy sessions on Samata Health's platform
- Financial Support for Family Planning
- Remote office allowance
- Monthly Internet reimbursement allowance
- Friends and Family discount on our products
- Discount program from popular brands in travel, entertainment and retail
- Many other spontaneous perks
This job is remote and our person must be based in the United States or Canada. Because we are based out of California, the right candidate would be asked to be available during PST/PDT hours.
Designed by experts and loved by parents, our Rest family includes Rest, Rest+, Rest Mini, and Rest (2nd Gen)—all-in-one sleep products designed for babies and kids that can be controlled remotely. Hatch Restore is a fully-customizable product geared toward helping adults sleep well. As an all-in-one sleep assistant, Restore helps people personalize their perfect night of slumber. Launched in 2014 by parent entrepreneurs Ann Crady Weiss and Dave Weiss, and featured on “Shark Tank” in 2016, Hatch is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.