There is nothing like the feeling of a good night’s sleep. Cozy, wrapped-up-in-a-heavy-blanket sleep. Fire crackling, curtains drawn, DO NOT DISTURB kind of sleep. *Hygge stuff. That’s the kind of sleep we’re talking about. 85% of people agree sleep is a key to their wellbeing, but more than 50% of people are unsatisfied with their own sleep. Whether it’s stress, interruption, work, children, people need help getting great rest!
Hatch is on a mission to help everyone in the family get great sleep. Getting high quality sleep improves focus, energy, and performance no matter what you love to do in your life. We make bedside sleep devices and original content to help people wind down, sleep deeply and rise rested and relaxed. Led by Rest, the #1 baby registry item on Amazon, and Restore, our Award-winning adult focused product, we have helped over 3 million sleepers of all ages find space for rest in their lives.
Our Content team is growing and we're looking for a leader to join us in our mission to help people get their best sleep. Audio content is an essential part of our optional subscription service. You will lead the team responsible for the ideation, development and production of that content for adults and kids. You will be a member of the Hatch executive team advocating for your group and cross-functionally sharing at that level. You can think of this role as having three parts: (1) run the content team effectively with superior people + department management, (2) finalize, communicate, continue to evolve our content strategy and share widely across the organization, and (3) actively participate as a member of the executive team and help make key strategic company decisions.This role will report to the CEO of Hatch, Ann Weiss. This person must be based in the United States or Canada. Hatch is based out of California, so this role would be asked to be available during PST/PDT hours.
What You’ll Do
Within 3 Months you will:
- Know content team members as individuals and professionals
- Have relationships with all executives and key cross functional partners
- Regularly use Rest (kid product) and Restore (adult product)
- Be familiar with our existing content library and customer usage
- Absorb written content strategy and be beginning to identify how you believe it should evolve
- Do a skills assessment of existing team and identify gaps you need filled
Within 6 Months you will:
- Have a deep understanding of how our content appears in-app and advocate with the product team for the evolution of the content promotion and curation.
- Have a deep understanding of how customers consume content and what is most beloved by whom.
- Understand your budget for content creation and feel prepared to make forward looking asks.
- Documented process for content concepting, scratch testing, development and roll out
- Make our kids characters come to life by adding a visual representation of them in video and/or other visual media
- Contribute to cross functional executive team strategic discussions.
After 1 Year:
- We have content that our customers tell their friends about and that our marketers are clamoring to use externally to promote Hatch
- Our content includes audio, video and dynamic light
What You’ll Bring
- 10 years+ developing world-class content
- Consistent track record of successfully leading creative teams
- A highly collaborative leader who can set a vision, build trust, and get results cross functionally
- Ability to create a differentiated and compelling audio content strategy that accomplishes our goal of helping everyone in the family get good sleep. Goal is to make people want to put down their phone, turn off the TV and get in bed to wind down and rise with our audio content.
- Ability to nurture and build a team to create differentiated and compelling content that speaks to our core kid and adult audiences.
- Able to build a multi-quarter rolling content plan in support of the strategy
- Work with the product and analytics teams to develop content measurement and performance framework
- Develop a system to get scrappy feedback on content concepts and scratch content that informs content development
- Create meaningful productive and rich cross functional relationships
- Be a high contributing member of our executive team
- Inspire the company to believe in our content strategy
- Help bring creative culture to the company
Designed by experts and loved by parents, our Rest family includes Rest, Rest+, Rest Mini, and Rest (2nd Gen)—all-in-one sleep products designed for babies and kids that can be controlled remotely. Hatch Restore is a fully-customizable product geared toward helping adults sleep well. As an all-in-one sleep assistant, Restore helps people personalize their perfect night of slumber. Launched in 2014 by parent entrepreneurs Ann Crady Weiss and Dave Weiss, and featured on “Shark Tank” in 2016, Hatch is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.