Hatch designs products to guide you as you find your way to rest. We've helped over 3 million sleepers, from ages 0 to 99, make space for rest in their busy lives. We’re building seamless ways to help people wind down, rest deeply and rise rested, because at the end of the day, sleep is the kindest form of self-care.
Our Design team is growing and we're looking for a passionate Senior UX Researcher to join us in our mission to help people get their best sleep. In this role, you will execute mixed-method research projects that support our cross-functional digital and physical product, marketing and content teams. This role will report to the Director of Research. This person must be based in the United States or Canada. Hatch is based out of California, so this role would be asked to be available during PST/PDT hours.
What You Will Do
- Reporting to the Director of Research, you will be responsible for carrying out a range of research initiatives and infusing research best practices into the product, content, and marketing teams.
- Lead research projects and initiatives on the research roadmap, notably supporting directional research to support concept iteration.
- Design, conduct, and present research across key areas within cross-functional product, marketing and content teams, using the appropriate methods such as surveys, concept testing, usability testing, and in-depth interviews.
- Collaborate with data science and product analysts to pair qualitative context with quantitative insights.
- Manage research tools, participant engagement and processes.
- Synthesize and present research insights and recommendations across the company. Cultivate and improve a culture of research throughout Hatch.
Projects you may work on
- Research to test the usability of beta features and products in preparation for launch.
- Research to test directional concepts and prototypes to inform the featureset of our mobile app.
- Research to generate new concepts to inform the audio content needs of babies and new parents.
- Research on the needs of partner sleep to help to inform future strategy and offerings.
Skills And Experience
- Passion for compelling user experiences and curiosity for people
- 5+ years of UX research experience, with a strong portfolio showcasing both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Experience developing rigorous and bespoke methodologies for informing mobile app and digital experience
- The ability to work with a great degree of autonomy; comfort prioritizing across multiple teams
- Expertise in survey design and analysis.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized.
- Excellent interview moderation, facilitation, writing and communication skills
- Strong storytelling skills and ability to build context about people, culture, market around your ideas
- Experience to generate ideas and communicate your thinking beyond a verbal/ written medium
- Brand or trend research experience a plus
- Health or wellness experience a plus
What You’ll Do
Within 3 Months:
- Build a solid understanding of our customer, our product ecosystem, and the science of sleep.
- Form strong collaborative relationships across the design team and cross-functional product, content and marketing teams.
- Develop a plan in partnership with the Director of Research to evolve our UX research processes and develop plans to run usability studies and test directional concepts.
- Run studies and synthesize insights into opportunities for design.
Within 6 Months:
- See your insights come to life as we constantly improve and update our offering.
- Develop a toolkit of mixed-methods approach to informing design
- Build an inclusive participant panel and manage their participation and engagement in partnership with the Design Ops Manager.
After 1 Year:
- Apply your learnings to carry through the voice of the customer to develop and launch a new to the world product.
- Collaborate across product, marketing and content teams to launch and test new features, products, and experiences.
- Actively contribute to infusing curiosity, research mindset and creativity into our team culture.
Why You Will Love Working at Hatch!
- We are certified as A Great Place to Work! 97% of our employees have reported that Hatch is a great place to work.
- We have an amazing leadership team that truly values its employees and lives our company values each and every day.
- We delight our customers with something everyone needs: a good night’s sleep!
- Our team is collaborative, fun, and brilliant!
- You have an opportunity to make a large impact in people’s lives
- We are backed by world class investors including True Ventures and have strong revenue growth.
- We let you take care of what you need by offering a flexible/remote work environment
We also take care of you through our comprehensive compensation package and many other perks and benefits including:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and 80% coverage for dependents
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) match with no vesting schedule
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for those important moments in life
- 12 free therapy sessions on Samata Health's platform
- Financial Support for Family Planning
- Remote office allowance
- Monthly Internet reimbursement allowance
- Friends and Family discount on our products
- Discount program from popular brands in travel, entertainment and retail
- Many other spontaneous perks
Designed by experts and loved by parents, our Rest family includes Rest, Rest+, Rest Mini, and Rest (2nd Gen)—all-in-one sleep products designed for babies and kids that can be controlled remotely. Hatch Restore is a fully-customizable product geared toward helping adults sleep well. As an all-in-one sleep assistant, Restore helps people personalize their perfect night of slumber. Launched in 2014 by parent entrepreneurs Ann Crady Weiss and Dave Weiss, and featured on “Shark Tank” in 2016, Hatch is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.