Hatch designs products to guide you as you find your way to rest. We've helped over 3 million sleepers, from ages 0 to 99, make space for rest in their busy lives. We’re building seamless ways to help people wind down, rest deeply and rise rested, because at the end of the day, sleep is the kindest form of self-care.
You will help launch the next generation of Restore, our IoT sleep product designed to help adults find rest. You will put your deep customer empathy to use building features that delight our users and meaningfully impact their wellbeing. A few examples include:
- Design features that build healthy habits around winding down at night.
- Help users wake up gently and start their day off on the right note.
- Delight our premium subscribers with content-rich experiences.
This person must be based in the United States or Canada. Hatch is based out of California, so this role would be asked to be available during PST/PDT hours.
What You’ll Do
Within 3 Months:
- Deep dive into the user experience to understand existing pain points and opportunities.
- Establish close working relationships with a variety of stakeholders across engineering, product, design, marketing, and customer support.
- Begin to lead a pod of software engineers, a designer, QA, product marketing and more.
- Get to know our company strategies like the back of your hand.
- Build a solid understanding of our product experience, across our mobile app, IoT platform, and content.
- Define product requirements, sketch wireframes, draft specs, and partner with design, engineering, and marketing on new features.
Within 6 Months:
- Work with user research, marketing, design and engineering to propose features and improvements.
- Build a prioritized near-term roadmap of projects to help us achieve our strategic goals, focused largely on our mobile app but also thinking about our hardware and firmware experience.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to set long term objectives, KPIs and closely track progress against our goals.
After 1 Year:
- Be the owner of the vision and roadmap for our adult products.
- Deliver a broad range of features and improvements to grow and scale our product line for adults.
- Propose meaningful new opportunities for future hardware, software and content solutions.
What You’ll Bring
- 6+ years of consumer product management experience, ideally with mobile or subscription-based products.
- Strong UX design sensibilities and deep empathy for our users.
- Proven track record of launching and managing product features that deliver meaningful impact for the users and business.
- An ability to coordinate with multiple stakeholders and evangelize the product roadmap.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to convey complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Not only comfortable but excited to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Background in consumer hardware and/or IoT products.
- Knowledge about audio-based products like podcasts, music, or meditation apps.
Why You Will Love Working at Hatch!
- We are certified as A Great Place to Work! 96% of our employees have reported that Hatch is a great place to work.
- We have an amazing leadership team that truly values its employees and lives our company values each and every day.
- We delight our customers with something everyone needs: a good night’s sleep!
- Our team is collaborative, fun, and brilliant!
- You have an opportunity to make a large impact in people’s lives
- We are backed by world class investors including True Ventures and have strong revenue growth.
- We let you take care of what you need by offering a flexible/remote work environment
We also take care of you through our comprehensive compensation package and many other perks and benefits including:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and 80% coverage for dependents
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) match with no vesting schedule
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for those important moments in life
- 12 free therapy sessions on Samata Health's platform
- Financial Support for Family Planning
- Remote office allowance
- Monthly Internet reimbursement allowance
- Friends and Family discount on our products
- Discount program from popular brands in travel, entertainment and retail
- Many other spontaneous perks
Designed by experts and loved by parents, our Rest family includes Rest, Rest+, Rest Mini, and Rest (2nd Gen)—all-in-one sleep products designed for babies and kids that can be controlled remotely. Hatch Restore is a fully-customizable product geared toward helping adults sleep well. As an all-in-one sleep assistant, Restore helps people personalize their perfect night of slumber. Launched in 2014 by parent entrepreneurs Ann Crady Weiss and Dave Weiss, and featured on “Shark Tank” in 2016, Hatch is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.