Hashdex is a fintech investment management firm focused on bridging the gap between the crypto asset's world and the traditional financial markets, unlocking the blockchain potential to mainstream investors in a simple, safe and regulated way. Hashdex is the largest and the fastest growing crypto asset management firm in Latin America. With physical offices in Rio de Janeiro, Hashdex has an evolving global presence with its team currently based in the U.S., Brazil and France.
Hashdex has done truly amazing things in its 3-year history - to name a few outstanding accomplishments, Hashdex: (i) partnered with Nasdaq to co-develop the Nasdaq Crypto Index, an index designed to represent the investable landscape of the cryptocurrency market through strict eligibility criteria; (ii) launched the world's first crypto exchange-traded fund (ETF), the Hashdex Nasdaq Crypto Index ETF, available for trading in the Bermuda Stock Exchange; and (iii) launched the first crypto ETF in Latin America, HASH11, which is traded in the Brazilian Stock Exchange.
The firm has recently closed its Series A funding round led by Valor Capital, with investors such as SoftBank and Coinbase Ventures, and is now going through a global expansion. To keep doing so, Hashdex is recruiting truly amazing people to be part of its multi-talented and diverse team.
LEGAL TEAM AND ROLE DESCRIPTION
The legal team is at the center of Hashdex's business and product development, being responsible for core legal and compliance matters, as well as managing projects, structuring new products in various jurisdictions and entering into new markets. This is definitely not your average legal team formed by traditional-background lawyers. As a legal intern at Hashdex, you will work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You will be part of a bright group of business and innovation-driven lawyers and the projects and cases you take on will challenge you to think big and differently.
If you are a good fit, you will be collaborative and ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and will work with people from all over the firm. As a Hashdexer in the legal team, you will be an independent thinker who isn't afraid to ask big questions, but organized in such a way to never overlook the details. As an integrated part of the team, you will proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will move global society into an amazing ever more crypto-based future.
More generally, the interns are expected to support the legal team in its main activities, which include:
- leading and negotiating terms of the core business projects of Hashdex (with increasing exposure to business matters);
- providing legal and strategic advice on all legal aspects of a sophisticated corporate work in the digital assets space;
- providing legal advice on complex capital markets transactions or other corporate strategic transactions, including structuring, performing due diligence, drafting and negotiating term sheets and definitive transaction documentation;
- preparing securities filings, review of marketing materials and analysis of securities law obligations and listing requirements;
- developing and reviewing corporate governance materials, including resolutions, minutes and other materials for meetings of the board, committees and management committees;
- understanding the current market practice and broad context of corporate legal matters, including the client's business needs and circumstances;
- complying with the regulations from the jurisdictions that Hashdex is subject to (i.e. the U.S., Cayman, Bermuda and Brazil); and
- performing regulatory obligations with CVM, ANBIMA, SEC, FINRA, CIMA and other regulators.
- Law students from the 3rd to the 8th semester of top tier Brazilian universities;
- Fluent in English;
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Positive attitude, and willingness to roll up sleeves (entrepreneurial spirit is key);
- Ability to work well in fast-paced business and evolving legal environment and to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously;
- Familiarity with digital asset investing or other experiences in financial markets, law firms, asset managers are considered a plus;
- Willingness to explore innovative approaches to legal issues in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives; and
- Willingness to achieve a high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment applied to law/regulation matters.
- Competitive remuneration (bolsa estágio)
- Food/market and transportation vouchers (ticket refeição/alimentação e vale transporte)