BOH Team Member
Playa del Rey, CA
Job Description/ Skills Required
Harvest Bar is looking for bright, energetic, creative and dedicated individuals who thrive in fast paced environment and are passionate about healthy eating to join our front of house team to help us create #aworldofgood!
About the Harvest Bar
The Harvest Bar is a growing fast casual restaurant in LA that offers a high energy and fun team orientated work environment committed to providing fast, fresh and healthy meal alternatives for our customers
At the Harvest Bar, we focus on wholesome, purposeful, nutrition-packed, antioxidant-rich and delicious bowls of sweet and savory superfoods, fresh smoothies, breakfast bowls, and hand-crafted coffee and tea. Our menu is vegetarian and plant-based and we offer many vegan and gluten-free options as well.
Our mission is "To be good for you, good to you, and just plain good."
As a member of the BOH Team, you will contribute to the success of the location by preparing healthy bowl ingredients according to The Harvest Bar recipes
- Preparing ingredients in accordance with The Harvest Bar procedure.
- Ensuring that all food and other items are stored properly.
- Maintaining a professional and friendly demeanor on both front and back of the house.
- Assisting shift leads or store manager to receive supply and ingredient deliveries.
- Adapting to and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by following sanitation regulations and standards
- Participating in store meetings and on-going training when scheduled or requested.
- Adhering to the shift objectives stated in the operations manual.
- Maintaining safe utilization of sharps and proper knife handling at all times.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Experience in food, resaturant and beverage, and retail are advantages. Experience in cooking and prepping preferred.
- Great "knifing" skills, you know your way areoun a kitchen.
- Excellent organizational and operational skills required.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize tasks and work autonomously.
- Possess an outgoing personality with effective verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to change direction as priorities shift.
- Ability to work effectively within a team orientated environment.
- Demonstrates compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values of The Harvest Bar.
- Must have a flexible schedule to work in shift hour including nights, weekends and/or public holidays.
- ServSafe certification
Why Work for Us
The Harvest Bar offers a high energy and fun team orientated work environment committed to providing #aworldofgood to its team members as well as their customers. Our employees enjoy:
- Flexible work schedules.
- Paid training
- Free meals
- 25% discount on food & retail.
- Career development & employee recognition
- Performance based increases
- A positive, hip, and health consciousness workplace.
- An awesome workplace committed to local community action and contribution.
- A place where YOU can be YOU!