Shift Lead/Key Holder
Playa del Rey, CA
Job Description/ Skills Required
Harvest Bar is looking for bright, energetic, creative and dedicated individuals with proven leadership skills, to join our team as Shift Lead/ Keyholder.
As a Shift Lead/Key Holder you will contribute to the success of the company by opening and/or closing the store and ensuring that proper store procedures and policies are followed when store management is not on duty or unavailable on the floor. The Shift Lead/ Key Holder will also be responsible for the supervision of employees on a shift, overseeing sales and food preparation, guest service, as well as all operational functions in the absence of store management.
- Welcomes customers in a positive and friendly manner.
- Assist customer with order selection and menu information with a customer first approach.
- Receive and repeat back customers’ orders accurately with a friendly attitude.
- Process order transactions with customers using a cash register or POS system.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by following sanitation regulations and standards.
- Participates in store meetings and training when scheduled or requested.
- Adheres to the shift objectives stated in the operations manual.
- Offer positive and/or constructive feedback to team members on the quality and consistency of drink and food preparation, cleanliness, professionalism, and customer service.
- Supervise employees to complete tasks and achieve goals.
- Open and closes the store following proper procedures documented in the opening and closing lists.
- Ensure that registers are properly opened and closed, doors are opened or locked, and alarms are set correctly.
- Participates in ordering, inventory checks, scheduling, and facilitating first shift paperwork when deemed necessary by the store manager.
- Confirm that cash drops are correct, envelopes are filled out.
- Remain current on all company policies and ensures that all policies, standards, and procedures are maintained and followed in a consistent manner.
- Stays current and up-to-date on all store systems.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- 1-2 yrs. relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience; a concentration in merchandising preferred.
- 2 yrs. of progressively responsible restaurant experience; supervisory experience is preferred.
- Demonstrate competency in sales, products and service.
- Proven ability to motivate and lead diverse teams.
- Solid communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are essential.
- Scheduling flexibility is required. Must be able to work 5, 6-8 hour shifts during morning or evening hours.
- Able to adapt and work effectively in an environment with constantly shifting priorities.
- ServSafe certification.
About the Harvest Bar
The Harvest Bar is a growing fast casual restaurant in LA that offers a high energy and fun team orientated work environment committed to providing fast, fresh and healthy meal alternatives for our customers
At the Harvest Bar, we focus on wholesome, purposeful, nutrition-packed, antioxidant-rich and delicious bowls of sweet and savory superfoods, fresh smoothies, breakfast bowls, and hand-crafted coffee and tea. Our menu is vegetarian and plant-based, and we offer many vegan and gluten-free options as well.
Our mission is "To be good for you, good to you, and just plain good."
Why Work for Us
The Harvest Bar offers a high energy and fun team orientated work environment committed to providing #aworldofgood to its team members. Our employees enjoy:
- Flexible work schedules.
- Employee discounts.
- Career development.
- A positive, hip, and health consciousness workplace.
- A workplace committed to local community action and contribution.