Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razor blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The Legal team at Harry’s works cross-functionally and across geographies to address all of the legal issues facing Harry’s, providing advice and assistance to the entire company and supporting Harry’s various corporate, commercial and transactional initiatives.
About the Role
Harry’s is seeking a talented attorney to join its Legal team as Counsel. The successful candidate will be the fourth member of the Legal team and will be based at Harry’s headquarters in New York City. This is a great opportunity for an attorney who seeks significant responsibilities across a wide variety of legal matters, enjoys working closely and often cross-functionally with a broad spectrum of internal clients, and wants to play a meaningful role in building strong and scalable legal and compliance functions for a dynamic company. This is a true “generalist” role that involves significant commercial work, but also (to varying degrees) compliance, employee, transactional and other matters. The Counsel will also provide legal support for the Company’s growing international operations.
What you will accomplish:
- Provide practical legal advice and support across a range of business functions
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts of varying complexity
- Support growth initiatives relating to new products and geographies
- Advise on regulatory and compliance matters (e.g., data privacy, FTC, FDA)
- Assist in the development of corporate policies, procedures and best practices
Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent academic credentials
- Two to four years of relevant experience with a top law firm or in-house legal department
- Significant exposure to sophisticated commercial, corporate or transactional matters
- Experience advising consumer products and/or e-commerce companies is preferred
- German language skills is a strong plus
- Member in good standing of the NY or other state bar
This Should Describe You:
- You have outstanding legal technical skills
- You admit when you don’t know the answer and work hard to get it; you love to learn new things
- You are adept at developing innovative solutions to complicated legal problems
- You succeed by building strong working relationships with colleagues across levels, functions and teams, and you always think about how to help them excel
- You are capable of owning projects from start to finish with minimal oversight and managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You thrive on direct, honest and supportive communication
- You take your work seriously and yourself un-seriously
Who You’ll Work With:
- You’ll work closely with the other members of Harry’s growing Legal team
- You’ll work cross-functionally with all of Harry’s key internal stakeholders, including the finance, marketing, product, people, retail and supply chain teams
- You’ll efficiently collaborate with outside counsel
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.