Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The Harry’s Marketing team comprises a Brand Strategy and Innovation team, a Consumer Insights team, an in-house Creative team and the Integrated Marketing Communications team, this role sits within the latter. The Harry’s Marketing team also works closely with Shopper Marketing (which reports in to the retail sales team) and the acquisition and email marketing teams (which report in to the direct-to-consumer team that drives sales for Harrys.com).
About the Role
As the Senior PR Manager you will orchestrate all Harry’s PR efforts, understanding market opportunities and dynamics enabling them to unlock interesting ways to amplify Harry’s brand activity. You will be responsible for leading press initiatives, and collaborating well with peers across bigger campaigns. The role requires deep communication acumen, keen project management skills and creativity. We are looking for someone who knows the world of influencers and “cool” but can also hold their own with business press. Someone who can motivate, inspire and push agency partners all at the same time.
Press will be an even more important stakeholder group as we drive to a compelling point of view / take a position as a brand. We seek to shift from a brand seeking amplification to a brand with a progressive voice on a cultural debate / discussion.
What you will accomplish:
- Define Harry’s Press Strategy
- Lead the development of our PR strategy, planning a calendar so we know the story arc of the 12 months ahead and what steps we'll take with press along the way, planning how to pitch across business, fashion, social impact etc.
- Manage the external PR agency to ensure the best minds are on our business, pushing their creativity and innovation to get the best for Harry’s at all times.
- Bring together the different individuals and teams required for press strategies to be successfully executed (in-house creative, external agencies, 50C & social managers).
- Manage influencer engagement / product seeding, building relationships and goodwill for the Harry’s brand.
- Corporate & Strategic Communications
- Manage the Co-Founders public profile and media opportunities – from speaking engagements, panel participations, to op-eds - gaining their trust and confidence.
- Understand, and fully embody the ‘voice’ of Harry’s, Jeff, and Andy as many press opportunities will need to be written by the Senior PR Manager.
- Learn and deeply understand the history of our factory, the blade making process, our grooming products propositions and what information is proprietary, to better manage media opportunities.
- Proactively own strategic communications around Harry’s initiatives in partnership with the Co-Founders directly, leveraging external agencies as needed
- Manage the PR Senior Associate
- Determine priorities for and guide the PR Associate to create focus and enable work to be completed efficiently.
- Provide regular constructive feedback to ensure the PR Associate is challenged and growing in their role.
- Identify, plan and execute against the PR Associates training and development needs.
This should describe you:
- Be comfortable ‘managing up’, provide direct feedback to the Co-Founders on their press engagements, always thinking of how we can better position them to the public.
- Be dynamic voice for our brand - Storytelling, Media Relations, Targeting, Measuring & Coordination
- Strong knowledge of all public relations communication tactics; must know how/when to execute, including but not limited to messaging/content creation, media relations, community relations and events
- Build on existing relationships with journalists, editors, bloggers and publications’ staff, while securing positive quality coverage.
- You should always have a finger on the latest trends, know who’s driving popular culture and be thinking of ways to be a part of it.
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Integrated Marketing Communications Director
- Working within the Integrated Marketing Communications team
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.