About the Team
The Global Product Team at HF Global, Inc. – the combined Harry's and Feintechnik business – works cross-functionally to develop innovative and performance driven products in the men’s grooming market. The team is focused on advancing both the Harry’s direct-to-consumer and wholesale business as well as strategic private label and store brand businesses in Europe and North America.
About the Role
Using their education and expertise in manufacturing equipment and processes, the Sr. Mechanical Engineer will work within the R&D team to develop, validate and deploy new production systems for both NPI programs and new technology initiatives. This will be a cross functional role that will have significant interaction with the product design engineers, the Quality Engineering and metrology team as well as our manufacturing sites. The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge in a variety of manufacturing processes and have previous experience delivering new manufacturing equipment from the earliest stages of development thru deployment in manufacturing. Successful candidates are fast learners and self-motivated, independent workers. They have the ability to work in a research environment while still understanding the needs of the business. The role will sit on the Technical Program Management Team.
What you will do:
- Take over ownership of new manufacturing equipment initiatives and projects
- Development, evaluation, start-up and optimization of high volume production equipment
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; identifying and conferring with equipment vendors.
- Work with the R&D team on NPI program to create products that have been optimized for manufacturability
- Complete design and development projects by training and guiding technicians and junior engineers.
- Assist leadership teams with capacity expansion plans and initiatives
- Provide guidance for long-term technology roadmaps
- Work with the international manufacturing teams to provide expertise and analysis
This should describe you:
- A BS degree in Mechanical, Bio-Medical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 7 yrs. Experience in Automated Assembly, Machine design, Polymeric processing and manufacturing equipment design
- Detailed knowledge of machine design principles and metal fabrication processes
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes and the ability to translate that knowledge into reliable equipment designs
- Working knowledge of vibratory feeder bowls, cam driven mechanisms, vision systems, PLC’s, pick and place mechanisms, dispensing devices, welding systems and motion control devices
- Understanding of metrology equipment and precision instrumentation
- Strong computer skills with office productivity software for e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets
- Detail-oriented approach to work – strives for accuracy
- Strong communicator (oral and written)
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- An ability to communicate across many teams, and a special talent to bring them all together
- Sense of humor (one that will reach all corners of the world is a plus)
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.