We built Harry’s with one simple belief: everyone deserves a great shave at a fair price. Co-founded by one of the entrepreneurs behind Warby Parker, Harry’s seeks to provide our own brand of exceptional shaving products direct to our customers online (www.harrys.com).
We launched in the US in March 2013, and have been blown away by the customer response since then. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online.
About the Role
At Harry's, our vision is to become a global, multi-channel men's grooming brand. The UK is the first standalone market outside the US and Canada, and launched in June 2017. We have been successful in North America across a broad spectrum of on and offline channels in acquiring customers, and this activity is at the heart of the UK Graphic Designer role.
Are you the kind of person that notices the annoying adverts on Facebook? But instead of ignoring it, you actually consider how that advert could have been more effective? If so, this role could be right up your street.
We acquire customers through a variety of digital and offline channels and are focused on the details that improve and optimise these activities. Being a subscription first business, these small improvements can make a big difference. We have learnt a lot in our 4 years of operating in the US, as well as our opening 6 months in the UK.
The role spans all aspects of advertising as well as some Brand asset creation, so we are looking for someone who is able to and relishes doing this kind of work. The main channel focus will be in Social Media and Display advertising, as well as offline (Inserts and Print) channels. Being an entrepreneurial start-up there will be other creative challenges that arise around creative campaigns and PR.
This role sits within the Growth team (as the main role focus is advertising) but there is a strong partnership and collaboration with the Brand Marketing, Insights, Analytics and Customer Experience teams. We also have Freelancers and Creative Agencies helping to drive our advertising forwards, and the Graphic Designer will be a central point within this process collaborating daily.
This role is a full-time position, either in house or on a fixed term contract, based in London with some US travel.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure UK DR advertising assets are disruptively different for the UK launch and beyond – localizing existing US assets in conjunction with the UK and US Brand and Growth team, and creating new versions for the UK market specifically
- Gain a deep understanding of our target guy – who is he, and how your work disrupts him and makes him act
- Take a keen interest in the external advertising landscape – looking for inspiration that will appeal to the Harry’s guy
- Ensuring advertising landing page optimization for UK channels are localised and optimised in conjunction with the Brand and Growth team
- Assist as required with the UK Launch Campaign assets – formatting for channels and liaising with the Creative Agency
- Concept and create PR assets in partnership with both the PR agency and NYC team, including any graphic requirements for physical events
- Partner with external copywriters, Creative Agencies or the US team on UK advertising assets
- Work with the Brand Engagement team to support UK relevant assets for Social Media (Instagram and Facebook)
- Show technical awareness in their design work – SEO, commercial performance, analytics
- Experienced DR Advertising (specifically candidates must have experience within social media advertising, display banners, and long-form content marketing)
- Possess a strong sense of layout, grid systems, and spatial problem solving
- Have excellent typographic skills
- Have experience in video mixing and animation
- Has an interest in the commercial performance of their work – is aware of the key metrics that an excellent visual product needs to deliver
- Have an external awareness for the brands you work with and their target customer (what’s happening out there in the online advertising space)
- Are a great team player who can collaborate with cross-functional teams within the organization, as well as agency partners
- Have values that describe including earnestness, humility, honesty and a focus on what’s best for the greater good
- Thrive in a fast paced environment, are flexible in your outlook and are open to supporting other areas as we get the business up and running
- Are generally awesome with a great sense of humor
Background and Experience
- 4+ years of Graphic Design experience, with significant time spent directly creating digital advertising specifically for Display, Social and Offline advertising channels
- Will have worked somewhere where you have pushed the boundaries creatively, but commercially understand analytics metrics
- Have a real passion for advertising and POV on how it impacts user perception
- Have great taste in design, art, branding and visual culture
- Ideally have experience working with US based brands / companies