Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The Harry's Inc. Global R&D Team is responsible for all aspects of development from ideation to production of new products and maintenance of existing items. The Design team supports a key strategic goal of the company – to continue to create, develop and assist production of innovative high-quality products that will be sold to and experienced by customers and retailers all over the world.
About the Role
As a Brand Design Director at Harry's Inc. you’ll focus on shaping creative strategies and executing design solutions stemming from a clear understanding of our user's needs and business's goals. You’ll build and lead a team of creatives who will allow you to flawlessly execute on design-driven initiatives. You will be a story-teller who defines how our brands come to life throughout the world at any dimension - from a simple package to building an entirely new brand.
You will work with a multidisciplinary team that includes: business development, brand marketing, print production, industrial design and project management. They all have in common their empathy for our customers, critical thinking and love of design.
What you will accomplish:
You will specifically be responsible for, but not limited to performing the following:
- Lead with confidence, but humbly work with others to achieve goals
- Be a storyteller - Develop the systems and approaches for how our brand comes to life around the world
- Develop visual identity systems - the articulation and maintenance of our brand guidelines
- Oversee the development of creative assets - packaging, in-store retail environments and brand collaborations
- Strategically develop processes that allow you and your team to consistently meet deadlines and exceed expectations
- Ensure all creative efforts accurately represent project goals and maintain brand values
- Lead a team of creatives and work cross-functionally through the design process to make sure that projects maintain timing, quality and budgets
- Build prototypes and create dynamic presentations to best tell your story to project stakeholders
- See the business and collaborative process from a 360o view - humbly get other's perspectives and inputs and apply them tactfully into your work
- Continually explore opportunities to enhance, improve, and expand Harry's brand value
- Stay inspired and connected to the industry and design trends
This should describe you:
- Proven experience building, managing, and sustaining successful teams
- An exceptional portfolio showcasing innovative design solutions
- 10+ years experience in design consulting, spanning multiple industries and project types
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Graphic Design
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proven track record partnering with multiple disciplines on projects and practices
- Amazing skills at InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Word. Knowledge of Excel a plus
- Super passionate about design and the process
- Open-minded and enjoys an energetic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize work and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to live by Harry’s values
- Learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- Thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- Always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- There’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and our selves un-seriously
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.