Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We can deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 4 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
You would be working within the global distribution team and reporting to the manager of Global Logistics. The global distribution team oversees the distribution centers that support our direct-to-consumer and retail business. You will build cross functional relationships to understand growing business needs for import/export freight, domestic freight forwarding and customs compliance. You’ll partner with S&OP and accounting to manage and provide visibility on accurate weekly, monthly and annual freight reporting and spend. You’ll also interface with our mass retail, specialty retail, marketing and R&D teams and provide freight forwarding and customs input and establishing logistics processes and standards.
About the Role
You would bring your inbound freight forwarding and customs compliance expertise to the team to strategically leverage our global trade spend with third party freight forwarders and steamship lines. You will help craft dynamic logistics solutions to support a successful logistic strategy to support all facets of the Harry’s business. You’ll be able to identify opportunities and risks to import/export areas, and align on space capacity and transit time requirements from internal stakeholders. You’ll serve as the subject matter expert about questions on freight forwarding and trade compliance. Last, but not least, you will help troubleshoot freight forwarding situations that require escalation internally and externally.
What you will accomplish:
- Plan, organize, execute and measure logistics projects while ensuring target dates are aligned and met.
- Create a supplier scorecard system for tracking supplier performance over time and improving efficiency and visibility
- Assess business needs across all transport modes with focus on ocean, FTL/LTL & rail
- Manage off/on-boarding carriers within an expanding supplier network
- Comprehend and leverage freight spend and ability to improve budget reconciliation process.
- Participate in cross-functional projects, establish task priorities, schedule and track project assignments, and provide the appropriate guidance to cross-functional team members as it relates to optimizing our supply chain network
- Work with operations leadership on projects to support operations strategy
- Serve as the subject matter expert on freight forwarding and help troubleshoot logistics issues
- Help develop and maintain standards for trade compliance and assist with building out a training program
This should describe you:
- You have experience with import/export and domestic freight forwarding
- You have experience with customs and trade compliance
- You can identify process improvement opportunities and make tangible recommendations
- You are excited about logistics
- You can foster relationships in a growing team
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You have a sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
- You are proficient with Microsoft office (Excel)
- You’ve been exposed to TMS, ERP/WMS systems in the past
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Global Logistics Manager
- Working in Global Distribution
- Collaborate with:
- Operations-Supply Chain & Distribution
- Finance- S&OP and Accounting
- Retail-Wholesale and Specialty
- R&D & Marketing
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.