Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The Product Development Team at Harry’s is responsible for all soft product launches (personal care and cosmetics) from concept to launch, as it pertains to packaging, product development, and project management. As Harry’s continues to grow as a Men’s Grooming brand, the Product Development Team will be the primary driver of new product innovation.
About the Role
The Director of Product Development will help lead the global development of multiple categories for the Harry’s brand. Working closely with cross functional teams including Marketing, Packaging, Design and Supply Chain, will bring products to market that meets our customer’s needs and is true to Harry’s brand positioning. We seek a strong team player with a passion and appreciation for products that drive performance with pleasing aesthetics. The candidate should be energized by working in a fast-paced, creative environment, and have prior consumer products experience in beauty, with a desire to build a foundation for future growth.
What you will accomplish:
- Lead product development and innovation efforts to achieve high quality, efficacious, and aesthetically pleasing formulas, within allotted timelines.
- Participate in the concept ideation process for the innovation pipeline.
- Translate research insights, competitive trends, and technical knowledge into clear briefs.
- Evaluate and track product submissions, coordinate appropriate efficacy and quantitative product testing, create product fact sheets.
- Develop strong relationships with contract manufacturers that allow for sustained high quality products and smooth development.
- Create competitive analyses, seek out trends in personal care, keep abreast of industry news and launches.
- Work with cross-functional teams to move projects forward.
- Attend sourcing trips, pilots, first production as needed.
This should describe you:
- Product Developer at heart – Excited by new products, technologies, formats, and how they interact with one another to create the ultimate user experience, down to the last detail.
- Creative Problem solver - Energized by puzzles, and can't sleep until a solution is found.
- Life-long learner: Hunger for knowledge, admits when they don’t know answer and diligently works to find it.
- Proactive doer: Gets things done before being asked to do them.
- Process/systems builder: Creates new systems/processes so that every detail has a place and every place has its detail
- Relentless commitment to consensus: Won't give up until real consensus is achieved among project team (internal colleagues and external suppliers), maintaining positive relationships for long term success
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player and possess a drive for results.
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment.
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication.
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- You’ll report into the Senior Director of Product Development
- You’ll work with internal teams including Marketing, Packaging, Design, Supply Chain, Project Management, Quality and external contract manufacturers.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university required.
- Proven track record of high level performance with a minimum of ten years experience in product development of Cosmetics, Personal Care, or Health & Beauty industries.
- Direct experience working in dynamic teams, driving process, interacting with vendors and key partners to ensure delivery of projects against aggressive timelines.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively at all levels in the organization and with suppliers to manage multiple projects and changing business needs.
- Responsible, dependable, self-starter/proactive with strong initiative.
- Willing and able to travel as needed - domestic and international.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.