We’re looking for a highly talented and detail oriented individual to join our marketing team in New York as an Email Marketing Senior Associate. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Sr. Email Marketing Manager, working alongside a team of marketers, analysts, developers, designers, and product managers.
Harry’s was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and most importantly for guys who know they shouldn't have to overpay for a great shave. Like many guys, we’ve long had to choose between overpriced razors that disrespect your intelligence, and cheap razors that disrespect your face. We knew there had to be a better way, so we created Harry’s as a return to the essential: a great shave at a fair price.
To learn more about our story, check out website https://www.harrys.com/our-story
About the Role
Email marketing efforts at Harry’s are designed to inspire engagement, increase retention and reactivation, and drive new customer acquisition. As the Email Marketing Senior Associate, you will play an instrumental role in the day-to-day execution, management, reporting and optimization of Harry’s email marketing campaigns for customer retention and acquisition. This role requires a strong desire to be involved in all aspects of email marketing including ESP infrastructure, campaign building, email design, deployment, and deliverability. Analytical and organizational skills are critical to successfully drive the email program forward.
- Lifecycle and Transactional Emails: Leverage customer insights and email best practices to inform strategic lifecycle email flows across customer segments. Create an enhanced customer experience and achieve business goals. Lead ideation through implementation and reporting.
- Support Strategic Initiatives: Act as a thought partner within Marketing as well as cross-functionally to maximize our return from large campaigns and initiatives. Identify areas of conflict - communicate and plan accordingly.
- Email Production and QA: Coordinate development of assets for emails. Build emails, audiences, and schedule sends in Appboy. Setup tests and holdout groups to answer business questions.
- Working Cross-Functionally to drive email initiatives: Ability to be clear and concise with the objective that we are trying to achieve. Experience writing briefs for the development of creative assets and/or tickets for dev work. Communicate with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure transparency of email campaigns and adjust as needed based on feedback from stakeholders.
- Analytics & Reporting: Run post-campaign analysis, synthesize, and communicate findings. Have a solid understanding of how key metrics are impacted. Build out Dashboards in Looker to easily communicate performance.
The Skills We’re Looking For
- Email Experience: Experience implementing Lifecycle and Transactional emails. You know the ground rules for operating within the world of Email Marketing and are excited to have a large impact on the organization. You also have hands-on experience working with an ESP or CRM, ideally Appboy.
- Technical: Ability to interpret and modify HTML and CSS. A strong understanding of basic web analytics tools and tracking pixels. Leveraging complex formulas in Excel and Google sheets should be second nature. Ability to communicate directly with analysts and data engineers as well as clearly communicate the outcome.
- Data-Driven/Analytical: High mathematical aptitude, and ability to quickly transform data into insights to report on success and determine next steps. Comfortable with opportunity sizing and forecasting methodology. Experience identifying if results are statistically significant.
- A Doer: Someone who enjoys taking lead on initiatives to generate positive results quickly. Aligns on strategy then moves forward onto execution.
- Detail and Process Oriented: High attention to detail with ability to track multiple streams of work and conversations. QA email sends to ensure that all emails are error free.
- Great Communicator: Generally keeping everyone up to speed and providing visibility into email plans and sends. Ability to work cross functionally with cross-functional teams to align on plans and briefs.
- Insightful: Considers the customer point of view and uses key consumer insights to inform strategy
Experience and qualifications
- 3+ years of relevant full-time experience in a fast paced corporate office setting
- BS/BA degree in Marketing, Communications, Economics, Business, or related field
- Proficient in HTML and CSS --- SQL a plus
- Comfortable with data and performing campaign/cohort analysis - familiarity with Looker a plus
- Experience leading cross-functional projects with successful outcomes
- Proven track record of success working autonomously in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high-level of communication
- Highly organized with exceptional project management skills
- Strong writing skills and outstanding attention to detail
- A desire to learn new things and pivot to support the business
- A great attitude and sense of humor
Here's who you'll work with:
- Part of the Growth Marketing Team (Email + Acquisition Channels)
- Reporting to Email Marketing Senior Manager
- Work with cross-functionally with: Creative, Brand, Analytics, Data Engineering, and Customer Experience
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.