Harry's, Inc. is focused on one simple belief: everyone deserves a great shave at a fair price. As such, we provide exceptional shaving products direct to our customers through the Harry’s brand () along with products sold in stores as their own brands throughout Europe and the rest of the world.
People deserve quality products and experiences, which is why in January of 2014 we bought our German factory and became the only vertically integrated shaving brand – consolidating the company into Harry's, Inc. Being vertically integrated allows us to have better, more direct, relationships with our customers so that we can continue to provide better products and experiences for them. We are eager to add talented people and care looking to bring amazing people together to help us change the world, one 5-o-clock shadow at a time.
You will lead the supply and inventory planning function of the Global S&OP team to ensure right product in the right place at the right time to fulfill Harry’s consumer demand. You will call on previous experience to design and/or expand supply chain processes (excess & obsolescence, inventory balancing, safety stock target setting, etc). You will partner closely with Manufacturing in Germany, and Strategic Sourcing, Logistics, Finance & Commercial teams in NYC and manage the key processes and elements between upstream and downstream supply chain touchpoints.
This role reports to the Director of Sales & Operations Planning.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage and enhance supply and inventory planning processes and manage and coach team members within Global S&OP team
- Interface with the factory through bi-weekly operations meetings in order to gain alignment on the Supply Plan, review any supply chain constraints and plan new product transitions
- Define and manage a robust process to identify SKU's with low/no demand and/or high stock and work with relevant stakeholders to identify potential alternative opportunities to minimize obsolescence
- Design metrics and scorecards to track and observe KPI's and consequently identify actions for inventory health measures (inventory value, turns, weeks coverage, etc)
- Partner with logistics and sourcing on network and/or supplier changes and define and communicate associated inventory impacts
- Drive planning process scalability and tool implementation (SAP MRP) through leveraging experience and best practices in item master data and planning parameter definition and set up and defining roll-out strategies
Background & Experience:
- Minimum 6+ years in Supply and/or Inventory Planning with a mix of analytical modeling and planning systems experience
- Analytically focused Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work well with teams in a demanding environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with an MRP system such as SAP; role in implementation of a solution preferred
- Ability to independently push forward and own projects in a fast-paced and unstructured environment
- Strong aptitude to coach, mentor and train both directly and indirectly
Characteristics/Traits we are looking for:
- Excellent ability to work with other people, allowing you to make an impact across functional areas
- Strong work ethic and drive to grow
- Interest in being an integral member of a growing team with lots of opportunity for personal development and growth within the company
- Ability to work with a team, wear multiple hats, and do whatever it takes
- Strategic and tactical operations and supply chain thought process
- Interest in startups, e-Commerce brands, and men’s grooming
- Sense of humor