Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for men who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The Harry's Inc. Global Product Development Team is responsible for all aspect of development from ideation to production of new development and maintenance of existing products. The Global Soft Product Development team supports a key strategic goal of the company – to continue to create, develop and assist production of innovative high-quality products that will be sold to and experienced by customers and retailers all over the world.
About the Role
Our Global Product Development team is seeking an Assistant Manager to continue to help create and deliver high quality and performance skincare products. This role will report into the Technical Director of Product Development, supporting all processes and management of products from conception to launch. We seek a strong team player with a demonstrated technical ability to formulate and create products, and possess passion for beauty. The candidate should be energized by working in a fast-paced, creative environment, with a desire to build a foundation for future growth.
What you will accomplish:
- Manage new product development from ideation through development steps to pilot and production. Work directly with R&D labs to develop innovative new concepts and formulas. Work with cross-functionally to identify claims, ingredient stories etc. Evaluate submissions, provide redirects, and manage formula stability data and package compatibility evaluations. Coordinate appropriate efficacy and quantitative product testing. Manage project timelines and formula costs with PMs and Contract Manufacturing sites for new development, tech-transfers and reformulations
- Develop and manage strong relationships with Contract Manufacturers that allow for sustained high quality products and smooth development. Participate in recurring vendor meetings, provide recaps, and follow ups. Manage the process of lab, pilot/production batch and standard sample evaluation and approval as well as all communication with labs and manufacturers regarding batch scheduling, scale-up, OOS/deviation reports, and tech transfer.
- Conduct competitive research and technology trends. Keeps abreast of industry news and launches. Stays informed by maintaining ongoing exploratory meetings with raw material vendors and CMs.
- Manage formula and documentation system by creating and updating records (formulations, formula and rm specifications, registration materials, etc.)
- Work with cross-functional teams by communicating with SC, packaging, marketing, QA, CX and regulatory consultants on all aspects of formula/product development. Will exercise strong communication skills with collaborative spirit to move projects forward.
- Creative input. Participate in the concept ideation process for the innovation pipeline
- Follow creative direction and provide innovative and brand relevant options on short time frames
- Will perform in a fast-paced environment while continuing being detail-focused/energized
This should describe you:
- Comprehensive familiarity with product formulation in wide range of categories. A nerd at heart - Fascinated by chemistry and how formulas come together. Most successful when every detail is meticulously documented
- Passionate for beauty – Having a natural enthusiasm for products. Stay abreast of latest trends, strong aesthetics for product evaluation.
- Obsessively organized – Meticulous attention to detail and ability to relentlessly follow up
- Creative problem solver - Energized by puzzles, and can't sleep until a solution is found and proactive doer. Get things done before being asked to do them.
- Roll with the punches - Resilient despite lack of resources and shifting priorities, ability to flex and pivot with the flow.
- Familiar and enjoy dealing with external partners - suppliers and manufacturers.
- Experienced with managing multiple work streams in a fast-paced, challenging environment with the ability to shift priorities as needed. Eager to learn and tackle issues that may arise - Resiliente despite lack of resources, shifting priorities, and ambiguous processes.
- Can exercise independent judgment and discretion and thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication.
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Strong communication. Ability to communicate well with various cross functional groups as well as suppliers and vendors.
- College graduate with a BS in Biology, Chemistry or Biochemistry or similar from an accredited college/university required.
- Proven track record of high level performance with a minimum of five years experience in the development of beauty products from concept to launch.
- Have experienced working in dynamic teams, interacting with vendors and key partners to ensure delivery of projects against aggressive timelines.
- Detail-oriented, proactive, self-starter
- Willing and able to travel as needed - domestic and international.
- Having a sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and our selves un-seriously