Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The Product Development Team at Harry’s is responsible for all soft product launches (anything that is not a razor, think Shave Gel, Post Shave Balm, Face Lotion, etc.…) from concept to launch, as it pertains to packaging, product development, and project management. As Harry’s continues to grow as a Men’s Grooming brand, the Product Development Team will be the primary driver of new product innovation.
About the Role
The Senior Manager of Package Development will help set and lead the global packaging vision for the Harry’s brand. Working closely with cross functional teams including Design, Marketing, and Supply Chain, will bring products to market that is true to Harry’s brand image. We seek a strong team player with a passion and appreciation for design and aesthetics. The candidate should be energized by working in a fast-paced, creative environment, and have prior consumer products experience, with a desire to build a foundation for future growth.
What you will accomplish:
- Help lead the vision for packaging philosophy and define the strategy for future development.
- Help manage all global packaging geographies, sku variants, sampling programs.
- Seek out and propose innovation in packaging trends and conduct analysis for feasibility.
- Direct collaboration between Design and Supply Chain colleagues to identify potential suppliers for new development based on capabilities, capacity and performance history.
- Supervise tracking of all development timeline events with suppliers.
- Attend sourcing trips/press runs/line trials as needed.
- Conduct regular reviews on sourcing of active products to identify potential cost savings and price stability opportunities.
- Manage resourcing projects to assure continuity of quality and supply.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with suppliers and internal colleagues.
- Act as a player/coach to both deep dive into projects and grow the packaging team by setting vision, providing feedback, helping to prioritize.
- Analyze Tool Qualification data and Troubleshoot packaging issues
- Provide engineering direction for form, fit and function for all primary components of the category.
- Assist our manufacturing locations and our suppliers in the fabrication and assembly of new and existing packages.
- Apply innovative engineering techniques in conceptualization and problem solving
This should describe you:
- Creative Problem solver - Energized by puzzles, and can't sleep until a solution is found
- Engineer at heart - Fascinated by how things are made and interact with one another, down to the last detail.
- Life-long learner: hunger for knowledge, admits when they don’t know answer and diligently works to find it
- Proactive doer: Gets things done before being asked to do them.
- Process/systems builder: Creates new systems/processes so that every detail has a place and every place has its detail
- Relentless commitment to consensus: Won't give up until real consensus is achieved among project team (internal colleagues and external suppliers), maintaining positive relationships for long term success
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player and possess a drive for results.
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment.
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication.
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- You’ll report into the Senior Director of Product Development
- You’ll work with internal teams including Marketing, Product Development, Design, Supply Chain, Project Management, Quality and external packaging vendors, contract manufacturers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging from an accredited college/university required.
- Proven track record of high level performance with a minimum of ten years experience in packaging in the Cosmetics, Personal Care, or Health & Beauty industries.
- Direct experience working in dynamic teams, driving process, interacting with vendors and key partners to ensure delivery of projects against aggressive timelines.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively at all levels in the organization and with suppliers to manage multiple projects and changing business needs.
- Responsible, dependable, self-starter/proactive with strong initiative.
- Willing and able to travel as needed - domestic and international.
- Technical competency in analysis of geometric objects in 2 and 3 dimensions including understanding of clearances, fit and finish of packaging components and subcomponents.
- Knowledge of materials used in the construction and manufacturing of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging including but not limited to:
- Injection molding
- Extrusion molding
- Metal forming
- Glass forming
- Vacuum forming
- Assembly of components
- Dispensing systems (Pump, Airless)
- Folding carton and rigid box design
- Knowledge of decorating techniques and materials used on primary, secondary and tertiary packaging.
- Knowledge of test methods used to validate component/package performance.