Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The Global Product Team at HF Global, Inc. – the combined Harry's and Feintechnik business – works cross-functionally to develop innovative and performance driven products in the men’s grooming market. The team is focused on advancing both the Harry’s direct-to-consumer and wholesale business as well as strategic private label and store brand businesses in Europe and North America.
About the Role
Using their education and expertise in Material Science, the Senior Material Scientists will be the subject matter expert for materials selection, characterization and process development in support of technology related programs and projects. This individual will have an expert knowledge of the precision instrumentation and characterization techniques required to analyze Harry’s products and utilize that knowledge in NPD activities and projects. Successful candidates are fast learners and self-motivated, independent workers. They have the ability to work in a research environment while still understanding the needs of the business. The role will sit on the Technical Program Management Team.
What you will do:
- Take over ownership of material characterization projects
- Provide guidance for long-term technology roadmaps
- Provide expert level capabilities in the area of material analysis and characterization utilizing state of the art instrumentation and techniques
- Work with the international manufacturing teams to provide expertise and analysis
- Lead Material selection efforts on future NPD programs
- Utilize your materials science expertise to work with the engineering team to create new manufacturing processes
This should describe you:
- An advanced degree (MS or PhD) in Materials Science or Metallurgy
- Expert in analytical materials characterization methods including microstructure analysis, Electron Microscopy, Surface Metrology & Analysis and other precision measurement instrumentation
- Advanced knowledge of materials testing and characterization, specifically metals, ceramics and polymers
- Experience with thin film equipment and processes
- Experience extracting, distilling, and organizing complex data sets
- Strong computer skills with office productivity software for e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets
- Detail-oriented approach to work – strives for accuracy
- Strong communicator (oral and written)
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- An ability to communicate across many teams, and a special talent to bring them all together
- Sense of humor (one that will reach all corners of the world is a plus)
Here's who you'll work with:
- The Technical Program Management Team
- You'll also work with R&D, Quality, Sensory, and Manufacturing Teams