Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores.
About the Team:
Harry's Acquisition Marketing Team is dedicated to pursuing opportunities to acquire new customers, through both digital and offline channels. We are an enthusiastic group of hard-working, data-driven individuals, who think strategically about how to maximize Harry's paid acquisition efforts in a cost-effective manner. We consistently work cross-functionally with other teams in the organization, primarily Creative (Design), Web Product, and Customer Insights.
About the Role
At Harry's, our vision is to become a global, multi-channel men's grooming brand. The UK is the first standalone market outside the US and Canada and we’re excited to have recently launched. We have been successful in North America across a broad spectrum of digital and offline channels in acquiring customers (over 3 million of them in fact), and this activity will be at the heart of the UK Acquisition Manager role.
It’s a unique opportunity to join a passionate and mission-driven team at the early stage of Harry’s journey in the UK, gain exposure to scaling a business in a new market, and drive the growth of the customer base as one of the very first members of the London-based Growth Marketing team.
This is an entrepreneurial and hands-on role responsible for shaping our offline acquisition strategy and execution. You’ll be required to take a nimble test-and-roll-out approach to direct response marketing, hitting sign-up goals and cost per acquisition targets, whilst also thinking strategically and informing the broader growth marketing strategy. You’ll be responsible for launching, scaling and optimizing cost-effective acquisition channels, with an initial focus on offline channels but flexing as required right across the marketing mix. As part of your channel management, you’ll be required to get head-deep in analytics, customer insights, reporting, creative strategy, creative testing, attribution and vendor management.
What you'll accomplish:
- Launch, scale and manage a suite of offline direct response marketing channels, to drive cost effective customer acquisition
- Understand the key metrics that drive performance of those channels, including but not limited to: CPA, LTV, CTR, CPM
- Establish great relationships with third party vendors involved in the delivery of those channels
- Establish our understanding of UK channel performance, relative performance vs. US channels & areas of initial opportunity / development
- Lay out an optimization roadmap for those DR channels, including creative, UX, targeting
- Update the wider team on results through regular reporting and ensure our channel reporting process is operating smoothly
- Identify new channel opportunities, developing business cases, testing and rolling out
- Identify and recommend improved processes for new channel launches, creative iteration, global comms / info sharing
- Work with the Head of Growth and US counterparts to evolve and develop our understanding and approach to marketing attribution
- Help to build an awesome team and office environment as one of the early members of our UK team!
- Either 3-4 years of relevant hands-on, client-side experience managing offline direct response marketing channels for a customer acquisition focused business, or ~2-3 years of experience in a consultancy / analytical role and looking to move to a dynamic, data-driven start-up environment
- Highly analytical, able to generate meaningful insight from broad data sets and effective at presenting findings
- Constantly curious and has a relentless approach to learning new things and innovating. Fast learner.
- Versatile and comfortable taking a logical and numeric approach to problem-solving
- Strong communicator who can work effectively and positively with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Confident using forms of communication (phone, email, in-person, Slack) to develop great relationships with global teams and third party vendors
- Highly commercial and able to confidently present a clear business case for any marketing investment, however big or small
- Has a creative eye, is able to identify and communicate opportunities for optimization through creative development and can craft a clear insights-driven creative brief
- Thrives in a start-up environment, strong team player and is excited by the prospect of growing something from scratch
- An awesome addition to our small but growing team
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously