Harry’s is looking for a talented, experienced Software Development Manager to join our Platform team to focus on developing and managing a talented team of engineers and lead them in executing on the build out of critical digital products and customer experiences.
As an Engineering Manager you will play a leadership role in the engineering team, ultimately responsible for delivering products on the timeline that you agree upon with your Product Manager. You are someone who as an understanding of technology, business, and people, and you are able to balance the three in making decisions about what and how to execute. At the end of the day you will have helped your group of engineers develop as engineers and will have delivered on initiatives that have significant impact on the business.
What you will do:
- Coach, lead, and motivate engineering team members to deliver on projects and product launches. Ensure that the team feels supported in their professional growth
- Manage the hiring process - work with the broader team to determine hiring needs, design and run the process, make offers and ultimately close candidates
- Develop and improve the engineering organization, processes, and culture so that engineers are able to do their best work at Harry's. Help develop an environment where people are empowered, highly-satisfied, and growing in their roles, and are able to ship high-quality, valuable software consistently and incrementally.
- Make Harry’s a company where great technical talent wants to work, engaging with diverse and inclusive candidates at all levels of technical proficiency
- Develop strong and balanced partnership with Product, Design, and Analytics within your first 3 months, Guide an agile development process, pushing to make sure the team ships incremental value to the customer
- Provide technology leadership to business leaders on all engineering-related issues, taking an active role in Stream Reviews with the Product Managers
This might describe you:
- Deeply technical: you are able to engage in deep technical discussions, ask the right questions, engage at a helpful level and sniff out sub-optimal decisions, and advocate for and teach good ones. Your team does not have to translate for you.
- Deeply curious: You are driven to understand our business, product, and technology, and to apply that knowledge to create better outcomes for our business, product, and team.
- Incisive: You think clearly and analytically. You fairly and holistically evaluate tradeoffs, and have the intellectual reasoning to get the right answer most of the time.
- Exceptional coach and mentor: You enjoy and know how to grow people and talent. Individuals who work with you come away from conversations excited to learn from you and better-equipped to make an impact.
- Exceptional recruiter: You are able to paint a compelling vision for engineering at Harry's, understand candidates' motivations, and connect the dots to get candidates excited to make an impact and grow here.
Proactive, and moves with urgency & purpose: When you see problems, you dispatch them efficiently. When you see risk, you call it out and work to address it. When you see opportunity, you pursue it relentlessly.