We built Harry’s with one simple belief: everyone deserves a great shave at a fair price. As such, we seek to provide our own brand of exceptional shaving products direct to our customers online (www.harrys.com).
We launched in March 2013 and have been blown away by the customer response since then. We’re looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with our products.
About the Team
The Global Product Team at HF Global, Inc. – the combined Harry's and Feintechnik business – works cross-functionally to develop innovative and performance driven products in the men’s grooming market. The team is focused on advancing both the Harry’s direct-to-consumer and wholesale business as well as strategic private label and store brand businesses in Europe and North America.
About the Role
A talented engineer with potential to grow, who will design and develop products, and plan/conduct R&D testing for projects, including cartridges, handles, and accessories for the Harry’s brand and Private Label.
What you will Do:
- Design and develop new products for Harry’s product roadmap; the role of the Product Design Engineer ranges from early concept exploration to implementation of the final product for mass production.
- Develop 3D CAD, engineering drawings, and specifications as part of the product development process, for prototypes and final products.
- Develop and implement plans for research, design for manufacturing, design validation, qualification, etc. in partnership with Program Management, R&D team members, Quality, Consumer Insights, etc.
- Documentation and communication of design history, engineering change orders, etc. to multifunctional team and third party suppliers
- R&D support for manufacturing and operations as needed
- Travel up to 25%
These might describe you:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, dual ME/EE, or similar.
- 5 years of experience in the design, testing, and development of new products. Experience in consumer products or medical devices a plus.
- Creative, analytical, dynamic, and operates with flexibility
- Strong background in high volume plastic part design and manufacturing, mechanical assemblies, 3D CAD (SolidWorks, Creo, CATIA, etc.), engineering drawings, tolerances, and specifications.
- Skills in FMEA, DFM, GD&T, DoE, simulation/modeling (FEA) desirable
- Experienced at managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, challenging and always changing environment with the ability to shift priorities to meet rapidly evolving business needs. PMP certification is a plus.
- Plays well with others. Experience in collaborating with quality/reliability, manufacturing and operations, and third party design and manufacturing
- Sense of humor
Who you will work with:
- Who they will manage/report to: Director of Product Design Engineering
- Who they will work with cross-functionally and how: Program Management, Quality, Consumer Insights, Manufacturing and Operations, Third Party Suppliers
- Who will rely on them for information through reporting, communication, etc.: Program Management, Quality, Consumer Insights, Manufacturing and Operations, Legal, Third Party Suppliers