The Digital Product team at Harry’s is looking for an innovative and passionate Senior Visual Designer to join us in our SOHO office in Manhattan to help drive and execute on our bold product vision and deliver delightful and thoughtful experiences to guys all over the world to help them prepare for their day, every day.
Harry’s was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and most importantly for guys who know they shouldn't have to overpay for a great shave. Like many guys, we’ve long had to choose between over-priced razors that disrespect your intelligence, and cheap razors that disrespect your face. We knew there had to be a better way, so we created Harry’s as a return to the essential: a great shave at a fair price.
To learn more about our story, check out website https://www.harrys.com/our-story
The Digital Product Team @ Harry’s
At Harrys, the Digital Product team represents the customer, and our mission is to build powerful, direct-to-consumer experiences that will delight customers and make their lives easier. We are a nimble team with a game-changing mind-set, endless passion and uncompromising user focus. We hone-in on customer needs, ideate the best product and design solutions to serve them, and build user centric experiences. We then launch, measure and iterate on solutions and never settle until we find the right answer for our customers. We are a highly collaborative team that partners cross-functionally to deliver highly performing, maintainable, beautiful customer experiences and always look to improve.
You’re a passionate visual designer, who thrives on the details and creates elegant solutions that deeply connect with and delight users. You have an objective approach to design; though you have a strong eye and aesthetic sensibility, you’re constantly looking to hone your design instinct through many forms of targeted user feedback, best practices and trends. You consider the systemic consequences of your design decisions, and can create solutions that feel cohesive within an evolving product and brand. You can comfortably communicate and back up your design decisions, with engineers, product managers and other designers, and you are looking to be a part of a truly collaborative team to bring our evolving digital experiences to life.
- Understand user needs, and leverage this understanding to create world-class, intuitive and delightful visuals that embody the core tenets of our vision, brand and customer, with an emphasis on solving customer problems and making it easier for them to engage with the experiences we provide.
- Create high fidelity prototypes and expertly craft user interactions with aesthetic and interactive finesse.
- Work collaboratively with product and UX design partners to create high quality scalable visual solutions that address customer needs and create a superior customer experience.
- Participate in usability research to validate design decisions, and show agility to adapt designs even if it means significant change.
- Provide and manage design documentations, style guides and Harry’s visual voice.
- Make lean design decisions and help evolve our pattern library to ensure we’re launching improved experiences for our customers.
- Drive improvement in our product design process, balancing the need to have for proper Visual ideation and documentation, with the need to deliver visual solutions in time for sprints, all while remaining nimble and pushing our team on agility.
- Accurately estimate and prioritize design work that is both technically feasible and meets squad objectives.
- Collaborate closely with software engineers to facilitate a smooth and well-specified handoff from design to build.
- Work with junior designers to support their development and ensure continuous progress of the team.
- Work with multiple surfaces, and have a breadth of experience designing for both web and mobile web and native.
- Be a visual design thought leader in our organization, keep up with and disseminate best practices, trends and best-of-breed knowledge and tools.
- 6+ years of experience as an interaction designer, visual designer, or in a similar role building digital experiences, with increasing responsibility.
- Ability to design intuitive visual design systems and user interactions from scratch that can scale across a range of platforms and devices such as responsive web, apps, integrations with third-party products.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates a) your ability to turn high-level ideas into elegant and thoughtful experiences, with documentation demonstrating your design thinking and ability to tell a user story; and b) an excellent eye for visual design, including: color, layout, typography, and illustration. Experience in UX and prototyping would be a plus.
- Expertise in using Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and other standard design and prototyping tools.
- Experience working in tight collaboration with product managers, researchers, development teams and marketing teams, with the ability to synthesize feedback and input from these groups.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss design concepts and the cost/benefit tradeoffs of different design solutions.
- Familiarity with rendering techniques of Android, iOS and web technologies.
- Experience in asset production and management (Knowledge of image optimization techniques a major bonus!).
- An understanding of the agile development process for both web (desktop and mobile) and native platforms.
- Experience designing for e-commerce.
- Experience working in-house embedded within product/design teams
- Experience with agile development process, usability research and testing.
- Ability to prototype using Justinmind / proto.io / Invision / Flinto / Pixate.
- Degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent Education experience.
- Motion graphics experience.