The Digital Product team at Harry’s is looking for an innovative and passionate Director of User Research to join us in our SOHO office in Manhattan to lead market research, user research and usability studies to help inform, drive and execute on our bold product vision and deliver delightful and thoughtful experiences to guys all over the world to help them prepare for their day, every day.
Harry’s was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and most importantly for guys who know they shouldn't have to overpay for a great shave. Like many guys, we’ve long had to choose between over-priced razors that disrespect your intelligence, and cheap razors that disrespect your face. We knew there had to be a better way, so we created Harry’s as a return to the essential: a great shave at a fair price.
To learn more about our story, check out website https://www.harrys.com/our-story
The Digital Product Team @ Harry’s
At Harrys, the Digital Product team represents the customer, and our mission is to build a powerful, direct-to-consumer experiences that will delight customers and make their lives easier. We are a nimble team with a game-changing mind-set, endless passion and uncompromising user focus. We hone-in on customer needs, ideate the best product and design solutions to serve them, and build user centric experiences. We then launch, measure and iterate on solutions and never settle until we find the right answer for our customers. We are a highly collaborative team that partners cross-functionally to deliver highly performing, maintainable, beautiful customer experiences and always look to improve.
You have insatiable appetite for understanding your business, customer & market, and are relentless in your pursuit of data insights that inform smart product and business decisions; You have exceptional talent in defining and driving usability research and other market research studies and have knack and a passion for mastering new and agile ways and tools to derive insights for the business; You thrive in entrepreneurial and nimble environments, and can both role up your sleeves and sweat the details and tie them back to the big picture; You are a natural-born collaborator, and can work closely with your product and design peers to lead and support different product insights work streams.
- Understand Harry’s business, customers and product by considering market context, industry and competitive trends, Cx feedback, A/B tests, site metrics, and customer insight findings.
- Identify key gaps/need areas that require usability and other insight work by both initiating work based on your evaluation, past experience and best practices, and by working with a team of product managers and designers to understand their data and insight needs.
- Translate research questions into well thought-out research plans and work closely with product to align them with the product roadmap.
- Distill usability and research findings into actionable insights and plans and communicate these findings to the relevant teams Identify best research methods based on research goals, timeline and resourcing, with emphasis on agility and iterative learning.
- Deliver high quality user research solutions in an environment with frequently shifting priorities and new market opportunities.
- Lead improvements in our user research process while creating the right integration points in support of the product and design sprint process. Balance the need for in-depth user research with the need to deliver usability findings in time for sprints, all while remaining nimble and pushing our team on agility
- Develop and implement user-centered research throughout the design and development cycle using a variety of methodologies including: usability studies, contextual inquiry, task analysis, surveys, personas and other appropriate qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- Be a user research thought leader; coach and mentor the product and design teams on user research best practices and trends
- Work closely with the product and analyst teams to integrate data and analytics insights into the research roadmaps and research findings.
- Be a strong and vocal user advocate.
- 8+ years’ experience in user (usability) research and other research domains (market research) in digital product.
- End-to-end experience driving all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, synthesis and reporting).
- Hands-on experience with the following methods: lab-based user testing, remote testing, field research, and survey design.
- Analytical and quant skills
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (including study plans, reports).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences
- Experience in E-commerce user research
- Experience in cross-device research (web, mobile web, android and iOs surfaces)
- Experience in statistical data analysis
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.