We’re looking for a highly talented email marketer to join our team in New York. This is a full-time position, reporting to the VP of Growth Marketing, working alongside a team of marketers, designers, and product managers.
Harry’s was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and most importantly for guys who know they shouldn't have to overpay for a great shave. Like many guys, we’ve long had to choose between over-priced razors that disrespect your intelligence, and cheap razors that disrespect your face. We knew there had to be a better way, so we created Harry’s as a return to the essential: a great shave at a fair price.
To learn more about our story, check out website https://www.harrys.com/our-story
About the Role
Email marketing efforts at Harry’s are designed to inspire engagement, increase retention and reactivation, and drive new customer acquisition. As the Sr. Email Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for our global email strategy and roadmap, as well as day-to-day execution, management, reporting and optimization of Harry’s email marketing campaigns for customer retention and acquisition. You will have email KPI ownership and will be a key member of the marketing team, overseeing the strategy, production, delivery, and performance of all email communications including promotional campaigns, lifecycle emails, billing receipts, and win-back emails. In addition, you will be responsible for collaborating with the brand, advertising, and product teams to support cross channel email initiatives. This position requires strong organizational, execution and analytical skills, and extensive knowledge of all aspects of email marketing including ESP infrastructure, campaign building, email design, deployment and deliverability.
- Develop email strategy and roadmap for all email communications including promotional campaigns, lifecycle emails, billing receipts, and win-back emails.
- Manage the sr. associate of email marketing, providing guidance, support, and professional development.
- Oversee all aspects of email execution including development, deployment, scheduling, segmentation, production, A/B testing, and optimization.
- Manage the relationship with our ESP, and maintain reporting on platform usage vs contracted levels; ensure that our send score and deliverability is strong
- Be engaged with industry trends, events, announcements, and emerging technologies to constantly improve Harry’s email marketing presence and performance
- Collaborate with creative and product teams on design, copy and email messaging to support cross functional initiatives.
- Pull recurring and ad hoc campaign marketing reports and regularly analyze performance on KPIs including: delivery, open-rates, click-rates, conversion-rates, retention rates, and LTV impact.
- Utilize quality assurance best practices to improve our email deployments and ESP health.
- Establish email performance benchmarks and summarize key metrics on a weekly and monthly basis
Experience and qualifications
- 5+ years hands-on experience managing email programs through an enterprise level ESP
- BS/BA degree in Marketing, Communications, Economics, Business, or related field
- Exceptional project management skills; experience working cross functionally with Creative and Product teams
- Proven track record of success in implementing email programs to drive customer retention and acquisition
- Well-versed in direct marketing fundamentals, email marketing industry standards and email best practices. Includes user list management, knowledge of dynamic content within email and logic based systems
- Great people manager and mentor
- Strong writing skills, strategic thinker, creative eye, and outstanding attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of email service provider platforms and tools
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS --- SQL a plus
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment
- Able to work independently and have the ability to deal with a wide range of personalities
- An eagerness to learn about new business models and tackle strategic issues
- A great attitude and sense of humor