Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 70,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays and lunch on Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
The Harry’s Personal Care (PC) Team is responsible for the growth and success of the Harry’s and Flamingo brands. We are building flagship CPG 2.0 brands that disrupt the personal care category to create better experiences for customers. We are responsible for Harry's and Flamingo P&L in North America, developing commercial and innovation roadmaps, building disruptive brands that shape culture, and financial plans with clear KPIs across the businesses. You will be a key leader, representing growth marketing strategy, for the Personal Care business and will report directly to the Head of Marketing Operations across all Harry’s Inc brands.
About the Role
Harry’s is looking for a strong leader for omnichannel performance marketing for Harry's and Flamingo brands in North America. This is a high impact role where you will set a vision and roadmap for all channels and use paid marketing to scale omnichannel customer and revenue growth for Harry’s and Flamingo. You will own the end-to-end strategy, execution, and experimentation of marketing campaigns driving customer acquisition to our flagship DTC website and revenue growth in our retail channels. You will be responsible for building, accelerating and scaling performance marketing to ensure it scales our impact and provides a competitive advantage. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to own marketing strategy and execution across all marketing channels to drive customer growth for DTC and all retail channels for two truly omnichannel brands.
As part of the leadership team, you will help drive our performance culture, directly managing and inspiring A+ talent on our in-house Growth and DTC teams and guiding external partners in creating effective and impactful work. You will work closely with leaders across Harry’s and Flamingo DTC, Brand Marketing, Creative, Engineering, Analytics, Research, Retail and external agencies fostering a collaborative work environment.
This is a full-time position based in NYC.
What you will accomplish:
Build a Performance Marketing function that scales with our business
- Establish a compelling and inspiring vision to become the most effective performance driven CPG brand in the US
- Determine and build the capabilities needed to scale Performance Marketing meaningfully across our omnichannel presence
- Build, lead and develop A+ performance marketing talent that unlocks the next chapter of growth for Harry’s in the US
- Establish strong, collaborative working relationships to deliver common business metrics with key commercial functions (Marketing, DTC Product & Email, Insights, Comms), and collaborate across functions (Retail, Engineering, Analytics, etc) to inspire them behind your vision
Omnichannel Performance Marketing
- Develop the strategy, execution and experimentation to scale Harry’s and Flamingo omnichannel performance marketing efforts across all marketing channels
- Lead the growth marketing team to plan, execute, optimize, and scale DR campaigns
- Own budgeting, forecasting, and business strategy planning for growth investment
- Set efficiency targets, test and refine omnichannel attribution methodology, and design and execute experiments to understand how changes in marketing tactics impact ROI across all sales channels
- Drive growth creative development in partnership with our creative strategist and partners, including translation of insights into testable hypotheses, concept ideation, prioritization, and internal/external partner needs and selection for creative production
- Partner with our head of DTC, Harry’s and Flamingo product managers, and engagement marketing team to plan and implement tests to improve the DTC customer experience from ad engagement through trial and retention and increase the DTC ROI of our growth investments
- Serve as the key senior point of contact for external agencies and media partners, stepping in to handle difficult conversations, negotiating to get the most out of our investment, and nurturing long-term relationships.
- Foster a network of connections at peer companies to stay abreast of trends; compile industry research, competitive landscape information, explore new tools and systems, and decide which will pay off for Harry’s
This might describe you:
- +10 years of experience leading Performance Marketing and ecommerce growth at a high-growth DTC / ecommerce brand or omni-channel brand
- Experience managing a team of managers and direct reports with a track record of growing, coaching and developing talent and capabilities
- Extensive experience setting goals, managing a budget, building forecasts, and delivering against monthly spend, CPA, LTV, and ROI targets across all forms of marketing
- Experience in understanding omni-channel businesses and customer journeys across B&M and DTC
- Deep hands-on experience managing at least half of the following channels for direct response objectives: Display, Affiliate, Facebook, Search, TV / Streaming, Radio, Podcast, Direct Mail, Inserts
- Able to manage effectively at macro and micro levels; equally comfortable planning long term strategy with our executive team and getting hands on with a channel manager to analyze and interpret test results or performance trends
- Experience developing highly performant direct response creative campaigns that also align with brand values and aesthetic
- Proven track of developing marketing campaigns for customer lifecycle, subscription, membership and retention
- Effective collaborator with cross-functional partners, especially creatives, product managers, and data analysts
- Enterprising “doer,” with an ownership mentality and a bias towards action, constantly hustling and taking initiative to drive improvements yourself
- Highly analytical, structured thinker who is able to glean clear, salient ideas from complex information and very clearly communicate them to a diverse set of stakeholders in a way they will understand
- Strategic, can “think the business” and get inside the mind of the customer, translating quantitative and qualitative data and insights into intelligent marketing strategies
- Always seeking to learn, re-learn, and improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- General awesomeness and a sense of humor
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits and our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $177,200-$243,650, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidate’s location, skill level and experience.