About the team:
The Personal Care Supply Chain team at Harry’s consists of Manufacturing, Sourcing, Quality, Planning, Distribution and Logistics capabilities. We are responsible for creating high quality products and ensuring they are received to our customers on-time, in-full and at the right quality and cost. We support both customers and consumers in the US, Canada and Europe across Retail and Direct-to-Consumer operations. We work cross-functionally across the Harry’s, Inc. organization to ensure efficient operational performance to all our stakeholders.
What you can expect from our summer internship program:
- Learn about Harry’s history and culture through our Summer Intern onboarding experience
- Socialize and build your network through regular check-ins, lunches and events with fellow interns
- Develop relationships with and secure guidance from mentors from your immediate team and from one of our seven Employee Resource Groups
- Participate in regular Q&As with Harry’s, Inc. leadership
- Highlight projects you observed and contributed to in an End of Summer Wrap-Up with your fellow interns, in a fun and engaging forum
About the role:
Over the years, Harry’s has scaled significantly with the introduction of new brands, channels, and products, and it’s more important than ever to have visibility into the various pieces of our supply chain. We want to dive deeper into our customer delivery metrics throughout our supply chain to understand where there are opportunities for cost reductions. We also want to assess our products to understand where there are opportunities for regionalization, cost reductions, and increased oversight. That’s where you come in!
Projects and work you will be a part of may include:
- Using a data driven approach, you will assist with creating a view of open and projected orders across suppliers and retailers to understand total supplier, labor and fulfillment needs
- Assist with building tools to track market and delivery trend changes that directly impact our costs and metrics
- Assist with reviewing Bill of Materials (BOMs) across key products to understand pricing information across materials
- Assist with driving optimization projects such as enhancing our existing processes associated with tracking products as they move through the supply chain
- Assist with using data to root-cause compliance fines and follow the issue resolution process (up to and including being part of a team visiting a DC to view the new SOP in place)
- Assist with diving into our direct-to-consumer network to assist with developing and improving our packaging and shipping operations
- Share findings and outcomes with the Supply Chain Team and Leadership
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting and working within the Supply Chain organization
- You will work with other teams within the Supply Chain organization including Supply Planning, Sourcing, Logistics, Systems, and Finance. You may also assist our team as we engage with our cross functional partners in retail, eCommerce, as well as external distribution partners and contract manufacturers
You should apply if some or all of the following apply to you:
- Interested in Supply Chain or related field
- High proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets and an interest in learning from data
- Enjoy what’s happening behind the scenes, and have an appreciation for how things are made for the customer and delivered to the customer
- You value relationships and team-work and appreciate working with others
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, your suppliers and the world around you
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment and to switch gears as required
- You are open to travel to visit with suppliers and see manufacturing sites and distribution centers to learn about our operations first hand and aren’t afraid to build new relationships
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays and lunch on Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salaries are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. The base salary for this position is $25/hour.
We will be accepting applications until March 2023. We will contact select applicants regarding next steps at that time.