Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays and lunch on Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
The Retail Planning & Operations Manager (RPO) will play a meaningful role in leading retail operational excellence from the shelf back, ensuring product availability and outstanding execution for the Harry’s and Flamingo brands in US Retail. The RPO will be aligned with a channel or retailer (e.g., multiple Grocery retailers) and will be responsible for driving ongoing forecasting and replenishment needs, leading retail operations strategy and execution, and developing collaborative relationships with key external partners. For this role, we need an outstanding operational leader – one who understands how retail supply chain and in-store operations work, is able to self-start to address problems quickly, and takes a data-driven approach to prioritization and execution. This role will require strong analytical capabilities, attention to detail, communication skills, and the ability to both set strategy and drive execution.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Partner with the sales channel director, demand planning, distribution, and external counterparts (inventory managers, etc.) to lead ongoing forecasting and replenishment needs for the business
- Serve as the operational lead when communicating back to the external counterparts; be a key resource to the retail team in terms of solution selling
- Lead retail operations activities within the relevant channel/retailer based on standard processes and data-driven insights; measure return on investment for all retail ops activities to optimize investments
- Develop reporting & score carding linked to operational success metrics and key performance indicators
- Identify gaps in current operational practices and work with retail operations, channel directors, and external partners (HQ brokers, retail ops partners, retailer inventory and supply chain specialists) to create strategic roadmaps for progress!
- Drive all reporting and communication (internally and externally) on critical metrics and breakthroughs related to central initiatives
- Serve as the liaison between external ops teams and internal XF supply chain partners where needed to drive retail planning and operations improvements
- Serve as the go-to expert for retail operations for sales teams and XF partners for day-to-day issues and inputs for forecasting, product availability, shipping, and DC operations related to their channel/retailer
- Share and reapply improvements to share across channels/retailers to drive standard processes
- 2-3 years of experience in supply chain management, with some exposure to SCM Systems (preferably Blue Yonder)
- 2-3 of CPG experience supporting a retail environment
- Knowledge of Supply Chain processes such as Forecasting & Replenishment, Inventory Management, Order Management, and Distribution & Logistics
- Strong project management skills including organization and communication, with an ability to self-start initiatives and lead multiple team members (including third-party partners)
- Strong understanding of excel, with ability to cut through data to generate, prioritize, and communicate key operational insights
- Ability to balance multiple priorities at the same time
- All RPO managers will report to the Senior Manager, Retail Operations with a dotted line to the channel/retailer in order to drive consistency and best practices and to streamline communications with XF teams
- Walmart will be an exception, with the Senior Manager of Retail Planning & Operations for Walmart reporting to the Senior Director of Sales for Walmart and working in close collaboration with the Senior Manager of Retail Operations on cross-channel priorities
- The RPO sub-function will be part of Sales Strategy & Planning within the US Retail team at Harry's
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits and our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $103,200-$141,900, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidate’s location, skill level and experience.