Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
This is an on-site role that will work out of our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office, typically working from 8am-5pm EST. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays and lunch on Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
About the Role
The Assistant Facilities Manager, WPX role is a critical function within the Workplace Experience team at Harry’s. We’re looking for a hospitality-oriented individual who is excited to work in an evolving office environment with lots of opportunity to shape the onsite experience.
What you will accomplish:
- Independently oversee the day-to-day operations of the H’ office space at 75 Varick, including vendor oversight, landlord coordination, and general maintenance
- Ensure building systems are operational and maintained in accordance with local/national regulations, with an emphasis on employee health and safety
- Respond promptly to all requests for building maintenance, repairs, cleaning needs, etc, and proactively implement ongoing processes to address and resolve needs/problems
- Manage onsite vendor staff (mail services and janitorial) to deliver a high level of service in compliance with contracts and SLAs
- Assist with major construction projects, build outs, and office moves
- Project manage smaller scale activities like space optimization, furniture changes, and signage updates
- Maintain responsibility for facilities based budget lines, vendor invoices, and bids for vendor services; Assist in preparation of operating and capital budgets
- Serve as an ambassador for the office space - help newcomers get oriented, answer questions about resources, and anticipate needs
- Deliver employee experience services with a people-first, hospitality mindset - this will include stocking our free product area, leading new employee tours, and managing employee gifting for milestones and anniversaries
- Partner with internal teams on employee onboarding and offboarding tasks like badge creation and equipment shipments
- Proactively establish and reimagine processes and procedures for ongoing smooth operations; Document our facilities procedures so they’re detailed and easy to read
- Manage all office supply inventory and restocking
- Interact regularly and build relationships with executives and colleagues across various business lines
- Use small hand tools and perform tasks such as painting, furniture assembly, and light maintenance
- Responsible for ensuring both office space and storage closets are clean and organized
- Assist with event set up
- Occasional after hours or weekend work may be applicable
This should describe you:
- 3+ years professional experience in facilities operations
- Proactive: You take initiative to solve problems and get the job done
- Organized and detail-oriented: You create great processes to keep organized and always double check your work-- you never miss a detail!
- Hard working: You are reliable and consistent in your work and mindful of coordinating coverage when out of the office
- Handy: Able to perform tasks such as changing a lightbulb or tightening a door handle
- Service-oriented: You have infinite enthusiasm for helping our Harry’s employees
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- A sense of humor
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reports to the Sr Manager of Workplace Experience within the People team
- Sr Associate, Employee Experience on event setups and in office activities
- Internal teams like IT, People, Finance, Legal, and executive assistants, but will also work cross-functionally to support all teams in the office
- External vendors and service providers
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits and our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $71,200-$97,900, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidate’s location, skill level and experience.