Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays and lunch on Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
About the Role
Harry’s is seeking an accomplished Senior Finance Manager, Global Supply to join our Financial Planning and Analysis team. This role is located in Harry’s New York City office.
This role is responsible for leadership of Supply Chain finance on a day-to-day basis as well as critical project work. Your primary focus will be to bring both energy and increased transparency to our COGS and margins. A successful candidate will bring their expertise from an established consumer products company to develop the role from the ground up. You have a start-up mentality, and can bring both a strategic viewpoint but still be willing to roll up your sleeves and create analysis and reporting on product costs, units and margins and drive continued partnership and enhanced decision making across the business.
Here's what you’ll accomplish:
- Drive increased visibility and new insight to our cost of goods including material and freight costs
- Implement a broad suite of reporting and analytical process and tools focused on improving margins, including the development of new reporting and analysis of COGS by unit, channel, category and business line
- Manage the annual budgeting process and forecast updates for our Global Supply Chain team
- Develop, produce and maintain financial reporting information for the leadership team, including variance analysis and explanations
- Synthesize complex data into meaningful business recommendations that drive financial and operational improvement
- Partner across our business and be the go-to resource for financial information on product costs and translate impact from operational implementation to income statement impact
- Improve existing process, influence and guide our supply chain and operations teams to make financially-informed investments and decisions across the board
- Serve as expert and intermediary between Global Supply Chain and our Finance team
These might describe you:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or economics
- 6+ years of experience in supply chain finance or a combination of supply chain finance and commercial FP&A roles. Experience in a CPG company preferred
- Experience with both owned and contract manufacturing operations
- Strong understanding of supply chain operations, P&L/balance sheet relationships and capitalization accounting. Knowledge of key processes including setting standard costs,drilling into unit economics, portfolio reviews and capital allocation.
- Ability to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers
- Knowledge of Adaptive Planning Suite and SAP S/4 Hana are a plus
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Intellectually curious and willing to ask constructive but probing questions to understand the business
- Superior communication skills and the ability to collaborate with all levels of an organization
- Strong team player with eagerness to learn and add value to the organization
Here's who you will work with:
- Working on the FP&A team, with strong cross functional collaboration with the sourcing and logistics teams, brand teams and our manufacturing operations
- Key partner to our Supply Chain Leadership team and significant exposure to VP+ leadership and the COO
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits and our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $126,000-$173,250, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidate’s location, skill level and experience.