Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week (Wednesdays and Thursdays). What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays and lunch on Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
About the Role
Harry’s is looking for an experienced, strategic, and self-motivated communications leader to run public relations. As Senior Manager, PR, you'll work with the team to build and grow the Harry’s brand and reputation among consumers through strategic placement in consumer, business, and lifestyle media and contribution to integrated communications plans.
You will be an integral part of the Harry’s Creative Comms team, partnering closely with internal team members and external PR agencies, on the development of PR plans. You will develop approaches to storytelling that garner earned media coverage, generate widespread consumer awareness, and support our aspiration to become the biggest and most loved men’s care brand in the U.S. by 2030. We believe in building a strong brand; your role will lead critical brand-building activities including (but not limited to) media strategy development and execution, editorial placement, relationship building with media, thought leadership activities, influencer relations, high-profile events, and support in product launches.
You have a background in pioneering CPG, beauty, fashion, and/or lifestyle categories. This is a hands-on role where excellent organizational and time-management skills are as critical as experience and network.
What You’ll Accomplish:
- Develop and complete public relations strategy to grow brand awareness among consumers & media.
- Build innovative and comprehensive PR strategies that touch all types of media— consumer, fashion, beauty and business press—and touchpoints (from speaking engagements to other thought leadership opportunities)
- Partner with all cross-functional departments to develop PR plans in support of key H’ brand and company priorities.
- Understand key business priorities and metrics in order to key business stories, and where to use the Harry’s leadership team.
- Lead press-worthy consumer-facing events to illustrate the brand positioning in the eyes of the media, including key industry events/activations.
- Liaise with key media contacts (broadcast producers, fashion editors, online outlets, and fashion correspondents) to secure key media placements.
- Own and lead PR agency relationships and drive desired outcomes.
This should describe you
- You have experience in a senior public relations role (either in-house or at an agency)
- You have demonstrated success and expertise in innovative consumer-focused lifestyle, fashion, and/or CPG categories
- You have a close network of media relationships and shown experience securing feature stories across all forms of media
- Outstanding written, editing, verbal, and presentation skills and a journalistic ability to form and source story angles and content from team members
- Ability to take moments and craft then into compelling stories for media and consumers alike
- Experience with and ability to collaborate with leaders at all levels of an organization, from C-level executives to junior managers
- Experience leading projects (from the highest level down to the tiniest details) with multiple team members, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Can seamlessly translate and tailor messaging for a variety of audiences
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to handle shifting timelines and priorities
- Very adept with using remote conferencing tools (e.g. Zoom), comfortable working with both Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Experience in communications for design, culture, and/or lifestyle a plus; and/or experience in social impact a plus
- On the pulse: you’re a trend and culture fanatic
- Strategic mindset: ability to implement campaigns and product launches from start to finish, translating goals into measurable metrics against business and PR priorities
- A passion for being part of a positive, purposeful workplace
- A desire to have fun along the way
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits and our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $118,000-$162,250, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidate’s location, skill level and experience.