Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays and lunch on Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
About the Team
The People Team at Harry's is here to make Harry’s a better place to do great work, grow our people, and build an innovative business. We are looking for enthusiastic, humble, and curious people-loving-people to join us!
About the Role
You’re here because you care about the people just as much as you care about the business. As a Senior People Business Partner, you will be a key leader for people development and org planning across the company and work closely with the senior leaders and people managers in your client groups. You will support leaders that report directly to the Enterprise CEO, partnering closely with the CFO, CTO, and CPO and supporting their teams.
Having a talented and agile Business Partner who understands how to navigate the complexity of a fast growth and ever changing environment will be crucial for our long term success. We need someone who can look around corners to make sure we are creating teams and processes that scale. This strategic and trusted advisor should be someone who cares a lot about culture and the people that form it; they will ensure we are maintaining and improving the elements that make Harry’s special by fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion.
In true start-up fashion, this individual will have the opportunity to build, implement or run Learning and Development programs and processes with substantial impact. From performance review processes to training programs to internal mobility, we want our People Business Partner team to feel ownership over the processes and resources that help our team grow.
What you will accomplish:
- Oversee client group support for Finance, Legal, Strategy, IT, Engineering and People.
- Partner with your clients, People teammates and cross-functional collaborators to help support engagement activities, key people processes (promotion, compensation, calibrations, engagement survey), and org design.
- Develop key activities and programs focusing on engagement, recognition, growth & development, and performance management
- Create org structures and working models that will scale, working collaboratively with e-team and Directors to identify needs, pain points, communication strategies and succession plans.
- Coach current and new employees in their development, career pathing and ability to navigate and resolve tricky challenges.
- Make the outstanding leaders you support even stronger, by providing guidance, cross-functional perspectives and 360 degree feedback.
- Infuse and drive diversity practices into Harry’s culture, values and engagement initiatives fostering an environment of inclusion and support.
- Build and own Learning & Development processes for the company
- Identify opportunities to use technology and automation wherever you see inefficiencies to make everyone’s lives easier and enhance overall communication between teams.
- Build compliance into all you do, including maintaining documentation around all employee relations and performance issues, off-boarding and legal matters.
This should describe you:
- People whisper and coach. You naturally build strong relationships at all levels. You are a sought after coach and thought partner for all employees.
- Earn trust quickly. You are honest, credible and a great listener.
- Good instincts on people. You consistently choose the best course of action, considering all impacts on people across the org.
- Business savvy. You quickly develop a deep understanding of business strategy and how we make money.
- Honest, direct and supportive in all communication.
- Life long learner. You love to teach and coach. You love learning new things and are not afraid to admit when you don’t know an answer.
- Passionate, out of the box HR thinker. You design things that work for Harry’s, not just what is standard.
- You have multiple years of applicable experience leading and working with teams and people.
Here's who you'll work with:
- Report directly to the VP of People to start and over time to the Director of People.
- Work regularly with the PBPs and Recruiters to attract and retain fantastic talent.
- Serve as People Business Partner directly supporting CTO, CFO, CPO and their teams.
- Build strong relationships and interact regularly with full Harry’s team.
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits and our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $118,000-$162,250, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidate’s location, skill level and experience.