Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched three new brands including Flamingo, Cat Person, and Headquarters, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Tuesdays, lunch on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
We are still requiring vaccinations for in-office employees. Reasonable accommodations due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief may be made.
About The Team
The Global Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team at Harry’s is a part of Global Finance and is responsible for analyzing, presenting and forecasting the financial and business performance of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions for the Harry’s brand in North America,UK and EU, our private label and manufacturing business in Germany as well as new brands as we expand.
About The Role
We are looking for a high-performing analytical and collaborative person to join our Global Financial Planning & Analysis team. This position within the finance organization will work directly with the Senior Manager of Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis and the VP of Finance and Strategy on consolidated company analysis: this includes supporting our company-wide quarterly forecasting cycles at the consolidated level, driving our long-term-planning processes, and helping to own our functional budgets. More importantly, this is an opportunity that affords significant exposure and impact on senior level corporate finance and strategy for our family of high-growth consumer brands.
What you will accomplish
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Own the preparation of and drive continuous improvement in our monthly financial results reporting and analysis to provide senior leadership with insights on variances, trends, and potential risks & opportunities
- Analyze performance at both the segment and consolidated level – full P&L and cash flow– in part by becoming a power-user of our financial planning system
- Support the CEO/co-founders and CFO in the production of presentations for internal and external stakeholders including our BOD, investors and lenders
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Own budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting for our corporate functional lanes and provide financial guidance and support for our functional leaders to dissect spend and track back to forecast
- Coordinate with key cross functional partners to derive financial forecast including our operational teams
- Maintain and quantify risks and opportunities in business performance and conduct scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Support the annual budgeting and quarterly reforecasting processes by providing visibility on growth, profitability and liquidity at the consolidated level
- Strategic Cross-Functional Initiatives and Ad Hoc Projects
- Evaluate a range of potential strategic and operational cases for impact on our consolidated financials, for both internal and external stakeholders
- Support deep dives and initiatives across the P&L (revenue, product and distribution costs, margin and opex)
This should describe you
- 4-6 years of total work experience in Corporate FP&A or sell side equity research; CPG or other consumer-facing vertical is a plus
- Undergraduate degree in finance, economics, accounting or mathematics preferred
- Strong working knowledge of financial statements, and has advanced skills in modeling them in Excel - familiar with indexes, conditional list, arrays, pivots, charts, lookups, and macros
- Prior experience with financial planning or ERP systems (e.g. SAP, TM1, Hyperion, Adaptive, Anaplan, etc), and a strong aptitude and interest in learning and understanding those data flows in order to structure and distill the reporting of that data is a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in synthesizing data and presenting conclusions and recommendations to stakeholders
- Great at building trust and gaining support across the organization
- Passionate about consumer businesses and motivated to learn all aspects of a high-growth brand, aren’t afraid to get into the details
- Able to balance the big picture with the details, and can take initiative in the absence of perfect information
- Direct, honest, and supportive in communications and takes ownership of the accuracy, reliability and relevance of your work
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
- Nuanced communicator with fantastic presentation skills who can independently own and drive projects
- Fully embraces working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and is not hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities and tight deadlines
Here’s Who You’ll Work With
- Report to the Senior Manager of Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis but work within highly collaborative FP&A and Finance teams
- Work directly with VPs and leaders across the company
- Significant direct exposure to the CFO, CEO/co-founders and senior leadership team
- Work daily with the members of the Treasury, Accounting and Operations teams but with frequent and unparalleled interaction with all company departments and functions globally
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.