What is Cat Person?
Cat Person is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) brand shaking up the $75B pet industry by bringing respect, love and innovation to a long overlooked and underserved category: cat care. We started Cat Person because we saw a real need: thoughtfully designed food and goods made just for cats and the people who love them.
Launched in March 2020, and born out of Harry’s Labs, the innovation arm of Harry's, Inc., Cat Person offers a line of essentials to help cat parents better care for their cats, including food, treats, furniture and toys. A design-forward brand, we consider both the cat’s and the cat person’s needs in everything we make and do. It’s all part of our mission: to make life with cats even more awesome than it already is.
Though our team is small, our vision is grand. We aren’t just here to revolutionize cat care for the millions of cat parents in the US; we’re redefining what it means to be a cat person in culture today. Every role at Cat Person plays a part in redefining cat persons for the modern era.
About the role
The Senior Associate, Strategy will lead high-priority strategy projects for the Cat Person business. Strategy initiatives are the drivers of revenue growth for the company and are core to both the near and long-term success of our brand. You will not only be heavily involved in strategic planning, but will also be responsible for bringing the work from idea to implementation. This requires working cross-functionally across the entire Cat Person organization with significant leadership exposure. You will be joining the brand at the early stages and have a significant role in building a company from the ground up and shaping the direction and success of the business.
What you will accomplish
- Work cross-functionally to craft our strategy, refine our long-term roadmap, and understand the financial implications of key decisions
- Push forward high-priority external business development opportunities (e.g., new channel launches)
- Drive high-impact internal projects to set the business up for success in its ability to scale considerably with operational efficiency (e.g. new innovation role outs, demand planning)
- Lead cross-functional team on project implementation, aligning on timelines, sharing information, and clearing roadblocks
- Own Cat Person’s long term planning function taking into account various active strategic initiatives in progress
Who you are
- 2+ years experience in management consulting or an equivalent role
- Advanced modeling, data analytics, and presentation skills in MS Office
- Excellent problem-solver, able to take wide-ranging or ambiguous data and drive to a recommendation
- Consumer-centric thinker who’s curious about how people think, make purchase decisions, and react to brands, bonus if previous direct experience in customer insights
- Thoroughly enjoy analytical quant work
- Able to translate data and other work product into cohesive and compelling narratives via presentations
- Self-starter with the ability to confidently manage projects and make decisions independently
- Collaborative cross-functional partner, with the ability to interface and manage relationships with various stakeholders in the business
- Strong communicator, comfortable engaging with and presenting to senior leadership and external partners
- Interested in consumer-facing businesses (CPG and pet care is a plus)
- Passion for working in an entrepreneurial environment with a positive attitude
- General awesomeness and a sense of humor
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to Director of Strategy and Operations at Cat Person
- Will also have significant exposure to the full cross-functional team including: CEOs, operations, R&D, brand marketing, and creative - in addition to external 3rd party partners
About Cat Person
Cat Person is a new brand committed to strengthening the relationship between cats and cat persons by delivering cat care essentials - including food, treats and products - that are specially made for the unique needs of cats, and thoughtfully designed for their people. By putting modern feline lovers at the center of their research, design, and marketing processes, Cat Person is prioritizing the unmet needs of this fragmented, $75 billion pet market and flipping the script on the stereotype about cat owners. The company was founded by a small team of passionate cat people and launched in March 2020. Today, it is part of the Harry's Inc. family of brands.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered and able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized and able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.